PDA

View Full Version : Whats first boys??

Anonymous
04-06-01, 03:32 PM
Ok peeps, my lovely girlfriend is buying me a 6 stacker cd player plus headunit for mi mk2 nova for my b day.
I am a complete ICE novice so your opinions are valued. I have the standard nova setup with 4 speaker stereo.
Once my new head unit and stacker are fitted what do u reckon i do 1st?? Obviously new speakers-but what make,what type, what power, front or back??
Also forgive my stupidity.....but what do "tweeters and whoofers/sub whoofers" do? Also what about bass bins, what do u all reckon???????
Remember i'm a novice so go steady with details :) Also all suggeations must take cash flow into account ie a good balance between cost and performance-i am a student u know :D

Anonymous
04-06-01, 04:00 PM
first up grade front speakers then rear then put an amp and sub in if thats what u want.it depends how much you got to spend and wht sort of sound you want you could stick a set of front door speakers such as kenwwods in for ?30/40 then 6 x 9's about ?50/60 ish.then add a sub and amp at a later date if u want as for speakers make it depends what u listen to and budget.go into halfords have a listen to the different speakers and buy the ones you like he sound of.

Anonymous
04-06-01, 04:12 PM
In principal what u say is true scotte. but for a "complete novice" door builds can be a pain in the arse.

I'd go for some 6*9's on rear shelf first. Just for full range sound and loudness.

B-) "Don't send me back to the dark place" B-)

Anonymous
04-06-01, 04:55 PM
Cheers boys. I'll skip the door builds for now and go for new rear shelf speakers i think. I'm into dance/trance n hardcore so good overall sound is a must, bass is secondary.
I just dont want my tunes to sound tinny and crackly when i turn my stereo up loud, which is what happens at the moment. Anymore ideas?? :) What is the best make of 6x9's to buy??
Cheers again.

Anonymous
04-06-01, 05:58 PM
for a total novice 6x9's in the rear shelf (piece of piss to cut/fit) are the best plan. then read car audio mags and VERY OLD issues of lax flowers (they were good for ice stuff about 2 years ago) and just go on from there really

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
05-06-01, 10:07 AM
sony 230w 4 ways are nice
usually on special offer in halfords

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
06-06-01, 07:18 AM
DO NOT BUY FROM HALFORDS, without going to a proper (im sorry halfords isnt) streo shop, pick their brains then goto halfords and ask em to price match the lowest price you can find.

oh, and by the way the new fusion 6x9's sound the dogs dangglies, i wouldnt put sony crap in my mums car.

:p
Im tall and your small
:p

Anonymous
06-06-01, 09:52 AM
i thought you hated 6x9's ne way.

today i shall mostly be purchasing infinity 6953.i reference 6x9's :D mucho happy

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
06-06-01, 12:02 PM
I dont like 6x9's, they blow.

I got infinity perfect components(mids & tweets) in my doors, powered by a V12, and a infinity perfect 10 sub, powered by a v12.

U dont need loads of speakers, just buy some half decent, good quality gear.

I am also a student, and i have to say, i aint buyin loads of stuff on ticky no more, i used my 3000 this year, and i am workin at my local college for more cash, as i am 1400 into my overdraft!

If u r gonna buy, buy wisley, cos i went a bit over the top!

But most of all, hear the speakers b4 u buy em, cos they all sound different, so choose wisley! :D

Anonymous
06-06-01, 06:18 PM
ohh you'd love the 6x9's i just bought today!! omg they are soo much better than jbl wank! i personally recomend infinity reference 6x9's as long as you have a 4x45W or more headunit. they kick arse soo much my factory fitted spoiler vibrates and you get a nice massage while driving