PDA

View Full Version : Total newbie!

Anonymous
01-01-70, 01:00 AM
if u wait a bit halfords will start doing infinty stuff so u can price match that, where do u live? i work in chelmsford halfords so can get discounted stuff, just go in kick up a fuss bout somewhere does it cheaper then bobs ur uncle u get infinty stuff on the cheap!
everyones a winner

DFBA19168@CABLEINET.CO.UK
NOVADOSE75@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous
05-05-01, 07:54 AM
ok i am about to go out and spend a bit of dough on some speakers at halfords, i dot some shitty clio radio in there and the normal nova speakers in the front - i dont have a clue about what to buy - i dont wanna go blow some speakers or somthing or how to wire them up or anything, really i need to buy a new headunit with a tape so my cd-disc man can work in my car (atually an mp3-CD player) but still i wanna wire it all up and i dont have a clue, can some one help - is there any guides on the net for installing speakers or ICE, need some help on the (watt's business to - so i dont blow the speakers up)

thanks guys
Rob

Anonymous
05-05-01, 07:56 AM
+ i need a pwoer sorce for the cd-mp3 player (normally the car kit uses the fag lighter but my car dosent have one) - what sould i power the faglighter off? (i think you can get a kit from halfords)

Anonymous
05-05-01, 10:31 AM
first lesson, dont buy from halford, at least go to a PROPER car audio shop first to get advice.

then open max power find the products cheaper mail order, then return to halfords and ask them to PRICE MATCH. (trust me they will)

:p
Im tall and your small
:p

Anonymous
05-05-01, 07:46 PM
as for the watts.
right 99.9% of speakers are quoted as having a peak of say 200W which is really about 150W and then the peak power to is should be no more than half of it and the normal runngin power should be half that. ie to run 200W speakers nicely then use about 40-60W of power.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
06-05-01, 08:48 AM
excellent thank you - know any guides on the net for a speker or audio install + what do i power my speakers off is there a lead?
cheers lads

Anonymous
06-05-01, 12:20 PM
your speakers are powered straight from the head unit, or an amp if you want 2 power a sub or sumthing.

Anonymous
06-05-01, 07:21 PM
cheers lads

Anonymous
07-05-01, 07:11 PM
im in chester dude - im on a small budget as i have expences but i need an audio system for my car - my icq is 38280179 and my email is Rob-bradley@talk21.com