PDA

View Full Version : two or more amps

Anonymous
26-04-01, 09:38 PM
as i know jackshit about i.c.e how do you fit two amps in i've got one but i want another one cheers lads

Anonymous
27-04-01, 08:54 AM
I think you do something along the lines of connecting one to the other via RCA leads although I am not totally sure.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
27-04-01, 01:19 PM
You can use power splitters for the power and have one amp running from rear RCA and another one from front RCA If you want more you can always get RCA splitter leads. I'm looking at running 3 amps in mine. 1 per sub and another for 6*9s and components.

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)

Anonymous
27-04-01, 01:39 PM
av got three in mine...1 for the subs, 1 for the 6*9's, 1 for front components, and 1 for the little boy that lives down the lane lol

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
27-04-01, 06:16 PM
Fenix and Ballsy you dont need an amp for yer 6*9's and components if yer head unit is capable of 35-40W plus.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
27-04-01, 07:49 PM
Wrong cambridge, i got 200w rms components, u cant expect me to run em off a headunit, so i do need to amp mine,

I got 2 amps, sub & comps, i have "daisy-chained" em, linked the two together with RCA, power split in distribution block, 2 earths(cos 1 wud be very stupid), linked the remote from one to another, and its sorted.

Niiiiiiiice, more amps the better!

Anonymous
28-04-01, 11:59 AM
mark WRONG. i had sony 220W 6*9's and they ran to distortion on a 45W headunit. you know why? coz the power qutoed on speakers is the "peak" which you need to quater to get the power that you should feed into it from an amp. so 220 / 4 = 55W and even that is a tad too much. so there :p

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
29-04-01, 01:03 AM
Erm.. you could have 900000w speakers running from yer hed unit and they'd still sound distorted when the head units amp is on it's limit innit :D

Anonymous
29-04-01, 02:32 AM
The Distortion is not down to too much power its down to too little, trust ive had 6x9s runnin from amps and runnin from the head unit and the ones running from the amp is nearly twice the volume!,

Anonymous
29-04-01, 09:52 AM
but my head unit wasnt on its limit and i had it on an scope and it wasnt distoring at that end so it was the speakers :p and with an amp you get more trebble coming out so it "seems" louder.

Anonymous
29-04-01, 12:05 PM
noop, soz cambridge, admit it, if u ran a set of 200w RMS components off a 4x45w headunit, they wud sound wank, more power = louder, and, wen the headunit is turned up to its max, it does distort, u cant do nowt about it. THE MORE POWER THE BETTER! so there.
lol.

Anonymous
29-04-01, 12:10 PM
jus looked at my box, 200w RMS, 400w PEAK, so there, ner ner i win, in your face, i win.
Oh, btw, your speakers wud have been shafted if they distorted like that, if it wernt on top level. hahaha, hmmm, me, get carried away? neva.

I WIN.
B-)

Anonymous
29-04-01, 03:54 PM
soz m8 but i have 2 use and amp 2 power ma stuff cause ma head unit has 3 pre outs and cant be used with the speaker outputs at the same time :-)

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)