PDA

View Full Version : sony cd changer compatability

Anonymous
18-04-01, 12:15 PM
I have recently purchased a sony head unit with a socket to link a cd changer.
Now I already had a 10 changer(also sony) that i was hoping to link up to the new head unit. The lead for the changer does not match the socket in the head unit. I know that the cd changer is old as my mate who gave it to me used to use it years ago.
I understand that the coonections have obviously been updated through the years, but I want to know If there is anyway I can possibly connect the two?
thanx in advance

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
18-04-01, 12:20 PM
you may be able to get a new lead which will connect to both units. other wise you may have to make one up. hmm what fun

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
18-04-01, 12:23 PM
that shouldn't be too hard should it? if I get a new lead and splice it with the old one..? is it really that simple?

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
18-04-01, 12:58 PM
get a new lead and see if that fits first. then you may have to splice em if it dont fit. just make sure you get the wires right

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
18-04-01, 01:04 PM
will do . nice 1 cambridge

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
18-04-01, 04:17 PM
DO NOT SPLICE THE CABLES !!!!! The new cd changers do not run on the same logic voltages. An interface from any decent audio shop will be about 5 - 10 quid. Ian Keiths mate

Anonymous
18-04-01, 07:43 PM
you can splice em!!! just you gotta know what yer doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
20-04-01, 12:54 PM
right well I dont know what I'm doing so i'd best go to someone that does. cheers

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!