PDA

View Full Version : Sony Cassette Head Unit....

Anonymous
12-03-01, 01:39 PM
Ive just bought a Sony cassette head unit, the older ones with the D-bass knob at the side.
Any1 got one of these? I tried it in the shop with no amp and subs, and turned the d-bass up- sounds excellent!
Now with my 300w amp, 2 10" subs and upgraded speakers all round - this should sound farkin excellent shouldn't it???!!!
Any1 else got one of these good but trusty head units?
Also, can a cd changer be connected up to one?.......

Anonymous
12-03-01, 01:45 PM
you should be able to connect a cd changer to it. as long as there is a "bus" connector and a pair of phono inputs

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
12-03-01, 01:46 PM
Right......It will need the amp leads going into it as well....that all still ok?....

Anonymous
12-03-01, 01:56 PM
what??? the head unit should have a set of OUTPUTS and a set of INPUTS the outputs are for...... go on guess.. well done the amps. and i bet you cant guess what the inputs are for?? hmm the cd changer. TRY READING THE NSTRUCTION MANUAL!!! IT HELPS!!!!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
12-03-01, 02:28 PM
I had one of those while ago, but mine didnt have the C.D changer controlls. So you will have to check which one you've got. But reading the instruction manual is ALLWAYS a good start!

B-) All Pug drivers are W*nk*rs (exept my missus) X-(

Anonymous
12-03-01, 03:25 PM
I've got one at the mo, although it's going on thursday when my kenwood MP3 player arrives :D. If it's cd changer capable it will say so in gold letters under the display. And you're right for an old unit they sound pretty damn good (v. bassy).

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)

Anonymous
12-03-01, 04:57 PM
sony's older stuff is s.hit loads better than most of the stuff now!! the mk2 md haedunit is a billion times better than the mk3 one (now)!!!

Anonymous
15-03-01, 11:32 AM
ive also got one, but i use the cd imput for something completely different.

it runs the audio input for my tv. its alot easier to do it with this head unit than others.

so buy a tv instead of cd changer, then connect playstation and dvd.

cheap and easier. :)

:p
Im tall and your small
:p

Anonymous
15-03-01, 12:38 PM
Get with it Lancy, TV and playstation is soooo last year. Playstation 2 and MP3 are this year Top ICE gadgets.

PS I'm biased just got My kenwood CD/MP3 player yesterday. It's the bollox. Ten hours of music on one CD :D

Anonymous
15-03-01, 12:47 PM
ive seen plans on the net for a MP3 player thats essentially a stripped down PC so you can have a hard drive full of tunes!! i thought about the kenwood MP3 headunit but you need to burn a cd of mp3s first. Not saying its crap but not what i'd have expected

Anonymous
15-03-01, 01:00 PM
Even with the hard drive though you still need to download the songs to it. I know that a hard-drive one exists, but with the price of CDRW's down to 50p, this unit's pretty good going, especially as it recognizes ID3 Tags.

F**K it i'm happy as hell i've got 1 CD with all the gatecrasher albums on and it displays the titles for every song :D

If anybody wants to see one go to www.caraudiodirect.com.

Anonymous
15-03-01, 01:53 PM
with a hard drive one you just need to take it into your PC and do the moving.

But i dont doubt that the CD one is just as good!! every maker will have one out by next year so they will really start to kick ar.se!! i mean if sony get their act together they will use the memory sstick and then you can esily move the data about!! expect big things in the world of in car MP3 and ATRAC3

Anonymous
15-03-01, 03:16 PM
Sony are doing a memory stick player. It's in one of the car mags this month but i can't remember which. I'll try and dig the info out for you.

Anonymous
18-03-01, 06:42 PM
yep i got the newist sony minidisc one, its proper loud !!!

Anonymous
19-03-01, 06:46 PM
i got a sony xr-c8100r head unit its fuckin well loud wiv the right set up its got voice guide 4vpreouts 45x4 watt md/cd changer compatible and im sellin it cause i need money to bdo me engine up email me if ur intrested

Anonymous
19-03-01, 06:50 PM
i dont rate the newer stuff personally. the older sony stuff is the best!!