PDA

View Full Version : making the boot look nicer.

Anonymous
10-03-01, 09:45 AM
I want to make some kind of install in the boot of my car, but I haven't got a clue where to start or how to go about measureing and making sure everything fits nice and snug. Also what sort of material is best for re trimming the boot. I want to keep the original parcel shelf in place and I also don't want any speakers in the shelf(people just break in and nick them!!!!!)
Any ideas/help would be appreciated.
cheers

John

Anonymous
10-03-01, 10:52 AM
if you want to make use of the wheel arch space make an MDF panel to cover it and for the back make a fiberglass mould (MANY MANY layers). you can try to put a sub on oneside and the amp on the other so you can get to the wheel easyly. as for measuring just measure obvious things like top of seat to boot hatch, and bottom of seat to boot lid etc blah blah. hope this helps

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
10-03-01, 12:08 PM
Following on from what Cambridge is saying, there is a company that sells these boxes that fit around the wheel arch. They ain't cheap, they cost about ?120-150, but they look like they'd do the job well enough. Can't remember the company name, but they advertise pretty often in the back of the mags. If you can't find the advert, post a reply and I'll get the number.

Chris

Anonymous
14-03-01, 07:59 AM
cheers for the advice, I haven't managed to find that advert yet, so if you could get the number that would be much appreciated.

cheers
John