PDA

View Full Version : Power 2 my amp,.....

Anonymous
23-02-01, 09:11 AM
I am curently running my amp from the fuse box in my car. I cannot run the amp to the battery directly due to the fact its a foreign car, and all the dashboard has been altered around...
...Is it safe enough running it off the main fuse power feed? Its still going into the fuse box, and doing its job there.
The fuse in the amp power wire is 30amp, and the fuse part Im running it from is 25amp, so it should be alright?!
Let me know if there is anywhere else it can run from please.....
..I know it wont from the brake light!
..I know it wont off the fag lighter!

On my head unit there is a twin power lead coming from the back, one red part goes to the power, the other is blank with a cap on the end, could it be run from that?!

www.cruisescene.20m.com
:D

Anonymous
23-02-01, 09:42 AM
NO!!!! you cant run it from your head unit. what car is it and what head unit is it??

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
23-02-01, 10:08 AM
Its on a Saxo VTR 1997 model, with no hole to get into engine bay, and Im not drilling either.
The head unit is a Kenwood MiniDisc 4x45w stereo.

www.cruisescene.20m.com

Anonymous
23-02-01, 10:12 AM
you cant run a amp from a head unit. i would advise that you drill and gromet the hole up!!!! or get a shop to do it!!

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
23-02-01, 10:26 AM
My Dad is a mechanic, and says it will be 100% fine to run it from the fuse box....he knows you should wire it up to the battery terminal, but says that the power feed into the fuses will be enought to power the amp.

www.cruisescene.20m.com

Anonymous
23-02-01, 11:30 AM
yeah but dont go nutswith the power!!

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
24-02-01, 11:22 PM
You are sposed to fuse an amp as close to the battery as possible, otherwise your car might set on fire and you'll be fucked then innnnnnit!

I'd get it done properly, it can't cost much to get a bodyshop to quickly drill you a hole and you run the wire through so they can then seal it for ya...

Anonymous
24-02-01, 11:23 PM
Wikkid, didn't know the forum now bans obscenities :D