PDA

View Full Version : Interfearence!

Anonymous
14-02-01, 12:32 AM
Can any1 help. I have 2 sets of 6x 9's that run off 2 seperate amps, however i am getting alot of interfearence when they car is started. You can hear a kind of whistling noise, and the more you rev it the louder the noise will go. Someone has told me that it's because the power to my amps is run down the side of the car right next to the speaker wires? Also someone suggested that it is the alternator causing the problem? Can any1 point me in the right direction with how to sort this out because it really pisses me off at the moment!

Anonymous
14-02-01, 02:18 AM
its bcos ur power cable is running next to ur speaker or phono leads, did the same on mine til i moved them!!

Anonymous
14-02-01, 06:05 AM
Itdoes it on mine, i have tried everything. Interfearence surpressors, RCA'a are down the middle of the car. In the end it was my pre out that was battered. Move ya leads if that doesnt work, get ya head unit checked out.

Anonymous
14-02-01, 07:49 AM
A suppressor should sort it out.

lee@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
14-02-01, 09:11 AM
I put a supressor from halford ?2 ish on my alternator and that sorted it

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
14-02-01, 03:00 PM
I always wondered who put the FEAR in interference

Anonymous
14-02-01, 09:09 PM
it will definately be the interfearance off the alternator. esp if it whines more with revs!! EARTH the headunit and amps PROPERLY to good clean metal. by grounding the headunit i mean attach a cable to the cage and run it to metal on the car :D then bye bye interfearance. a CAP will help too but cost a bomb.

the FEAR in interFEARance comes from the fact its a scary whisteling noise :p

Anonymous
15-02-01, 09:23 AM
Don't know if it's rel;evant but mine was doing this and i now need a new alternator X-(

will someone buy my car :)
lee@novaload.net

Anonymous
15-02-01, 03:07 PM
interFERence!!!!

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
15-02-01, 06:21 PM
Sorry Blondie!!!

Anonymous
16-02-01, 02:03 PM
It can be caused by the alternator but most come with a supressor, it is more likely the preout lead to the amp is faulty, the inner core will be still connected but the outer core will have a bad connection. The outer core is supposed to shield the inner from noise. You might find they just need pushing in fully!

Plese don't let busses pull out.