PDA

View Full Version : standard stuff?

Anonymous
08-02-01, 05:36 PM
I have been laying wiring in my car for me rear speakers, and while doing so decided to have a nose at the standard ones up front, to my surprise they are blaupunkt ones!-I thought they couldve been a tacke GM standard crap, however one informant told me that these ARE standard :( what I would like to know is now I have 7x10s in up the rear of the car, what should I go for up front?-I was thinking 2 tweeters, but as my system is budget(like my whole car,trying to show how cheap you can mod a car,dont know if its a good idea yet,not going too bad though...)what would be real value for money? cheers in advance

Anonymous
08-02-01, 05:50 PM
If you only have two tweeters up front, you`ll have no mid range fill, and the music will sound seperated. You need some sort of midrange at the front, so get some kicker 2-ways that fit, and you`ll get a decent mid, and good treble.

Anonymous
08-02-01, 06:11 PM
I've got some JBL 3.5" speakers in place of the standard front ones, under the grilles and some Sony mids for the door builds, doesn't sound too bad at all. The JBL's make a lot of difference.

Anonymous
08-02-01, 06:16 PM
the front speakers are remakably tough. ive got 6x9's in the shelf and standard speakers up front and its pretty good (although i hate my JBL GTO 6x9's) just needs carefull setting up of the head unit to get a bit of front fill

Anonymous
08-02-01, 06:25 PM
I`ve had the same 3.5" JBL`s and they do sound damn good, if the head units up to scratch.

Anonymous
08-02-01, 07:11 PM
I have kenwood 4' and tweets cut into the door cards and 260 watt 6x9 in the shelf. it sound mint.

Anonymous
08-02-01, 07:29 PM
You gotta have something coz tweeters on their own will not only sound pants, but will give you a head ache!

Anonymous
09-02-01, 11:06 AM
I have got Kenwood mids and tweeters in the dash and the sound difference is amazing compared to the standard 1's so it is well worth changing the standard speakers for more power. :)