PDA

View Full Version : Recording your own cds

Anonymous
21-01-01, 10:58 AM
right anybody noticed that copied or home recorderd cds are shit in changers or head units? well i have and they play wank in my car

they wouldnt play in my 3 disk kenny hifi at home but they willlay in sumthing witha half decent laser in it such as play staions and single disc units.

now there must be peeps out there that have used loads ov shity discs and good ones and have worked out which ones are best for incar use (dont just say buy the expensive ones coz they i have tried one once and its was shit)

what i have found is that over time the disc seams to play better and better the more its used Ie the first discs i bought for a rave event (which come on shite cdr`s anyway no copys)play everytime now and dont jump but when i geta freash one it prob wont play 4 times out ov 5. i download loads ov trance tunes and would like to hear them in my motor but at the moment the bush discs i got wont play more than 20secs b4 skipping and then the cant find where the were. this is not becuase ov bumps in road as i tried it parked up and still no joy :(

any help lads?

Anonymous
21-01-01, 12:29 PM
recorded CD's are a pain int he ARSE!! ive donr one and it didnt play in my sony head unit, also my mate has a DENON cd player in his room and that didnt play it either, the un funny thing is it plays on a ?45 system from argos!!! recorded CD's are wierd things and unpredictable so when you find a good type stick with it!!

Anonymous
21-01-01, 01:37 PM
Micky, try the Traxdats TX Audio - they are designed especially for Audio where as the cheappies you are proberbly using are really designed for audio. The traxdata ones as above hardly ever jump in my Sony front loader and also work in the Multi changer as well. Also if it is a computer based writer try reading/writing at single speed, i have noticed that especially writing at more than single speed loses alot of quality.

Anonymous
21-01-01, 01:39 PM
Sorry I will rephrase that first line - Micky, try the Traxdata TX Audio - they are designed especially for Audio where as the cheappies you are proberbly using are really designed for data.

Anonymous
21-01-01, 04:28 PM
Traxdata normal disks are ok too.. tried many in various car CD/Tuners. I got 50 80min traxdata blanks for 15 quid.

Bush, if anything like those cheapo shit sound systems and tellies, are probably crap CD's too I'm afraid m8 :(

Anonymous
21-01-01, 06:02 PM
All i do is buy good quality cdr's and they are fine in my car

Anonymous
21-01-01, 08:35 PM
i've got a sony head unit and they work fine in mine, any of em, even the re-writables although the re-writables r slightly slower at loading

Anonymous
21-01-01, 09:55 PM
I went though fuk loads of the bastards and found the the Maxell CD-R 74 XL work the best in the car head units, they worked 9 times out of 10. But didnt work too well in home systems. But they are all pretty shit. I got sold my and got a Mini Disc head unit, MUCH BETTER!!!!

Cheers Si :)

Anonymous
22-01-01, 10:06 AM
I only have copied CD's in my car, due to the fact that all my cds kept on getting nicked!!!! I use BASF cd's and have had no problems with them at all. Are you using a pc to record them or a hifi separate? I use a PC and Nero burning rom 5.

Anonymous
22-01-01, 11:57 AM
i think it is because the lasers arnt strong enough to read the recordable Cd's. same problem with the psII the laser aint strong enough to read some DVD's

Anonymous
22-01-01, 06:09 PM
yeah its a computer writer for my mp3 files i have treid a samsung and that works a little better. thing is these bush ones work on mark d`s changer and his is the same as mine! ill maybe try them trax ones

anybody else had grief?

Anonymous
24-01-01, 11:36 AM
i hunted through my local computer shop and the told me the best ones for the job are TRAXDATA GOLD 74 MINS

Anonymous
29-01-01, 01:09 AM
I don't think it matters what speed you are copying at because the cd writer Ive got is a 12 speed and the cdr's seem to play ok on my changer. Ive always had trouble playing cdrw's which have been copied from my writer (on both my hifi and my cd changer)but when ive tried cdrw's from someone elses writer they seem to work ok. Anyway the cdr's I always find best are the Traxdata ones, go to computer fares you can get a hundred for about 25 quid, thing is these are in paper covers if you want cases you will pay quite a bit more.

Anonymous
06-02-01, 02:39 PM
right, certian brands of disks have different dye on hte back. for in car shit you need to use one with a bluey dye on. Dixons/PC World sell thjem in spindles of 50.

It also depends on what software you are using to record your CD's

I use Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 or summit, it converts em all for you. itshte best one i think. Aslo do not do ote else while copying your CD's, as this causes bugffer underuns and knackers your CD's.

It basically sounds like you are using some software that dont like your CD writer. Its hter same as PSX games you can only use some pieces of software to do the disc at once function.

Others that are good include

Prassi
Adaptec Easy CD Creator
CDR-WIN

Just find one that makes a nicer recording.

Cheers

Davo
(who has never ever had anything to do with piracy!)

Anonymous
06-02-01, 07:12 PM
I have no probs with mine, Im on my second writer, after the first one could only do basic stuff, the second does it incredibly fast, around 20 mins in total(If Im backing up cds ;) ) I have not tried writing MP3s yet,but I have no trouble on copying cds, or playing them in the car, I find that as long as the programs good, I got clonecd, it usually does ok.I even found u can play playstation cds in the car, if they have a soundtrack, try rollcage if u have it, and skip fors track. I will let you know what types of cd I stick to, but usually I find that light bluey ones work best, even tho they cost more than gold...

Anonymous
18-02-01, 11:25 PM
blue ones are the best you can get 50 in pc world for 25 squids the top of the cd is plain silver with no writing on it.

Anonymous
19-02-01, 12:03 AM
Same CD's @ pooter fairs = 15 notes.

PC World are shite and rip ppl offski :D

Anonymous
19-02-01, 12:11 AM
they are just a big dixons!! seeing as they are all in the same group