PDA

View Full Version : DC to AC Convertor

Anonymous
18-01-01, 01:56 AM
Does anyone know where i can get one of these to power my playstation in the car or is there any other way of doing it!

Anonymous
18-01-01, 08:08 AM
I remember reading in a magazine once about changing the power board actually inside the playstation itself, basically in the playstation is a board that uses the mains electricity, but apparently it just unclips and you can get a replacement board that would use the 12v in the car, and it didn't have a stoooopid 3 pronged plug on it aswell. Phone some car audio places they may be able to help, this way you don't have to hide a big fuck off power converter in the car waswell as the playstation.

Anonymous
18-01-01, 10:42 AM
u can get a dc to ac converter from Maplins. I used one to power the Christmas tree lights inside my car at Christmas! :) We also used it in a Ford Galaxy to put my mates DJ gear in. we went to a cruise and he was djing!!! we had 3 massive Jamo speakers in the back hehe. be warned thoughm make sure the psx doesnt draw too much current, in the galaxy, the converter kep tipping itself out!!

Anonymous
24-01-01, 09:53 AM
cpc do one for ?49 www.cpc.co.uk

Anonymous
25-01-01, 03:41 PM
just get the power board for the ps :) much safer and easier than a DC AC converter. you wont waste power either

Anonymous
25-01-01, 09:17 PM
get a pariola 12v playstation power board. they cost ?120ish and you have to swap circuit boards(piece of piss). so you dont need a DC TO AC converter and its a lot neater. just dont take playstation out of car and plug it straight in to mains!!

Anonymous
25-01-01, 09:23 PM
forgot to say you need extra cables and you dont get a power or reset button and you have to add a mains. get the board then go to a local ICE shop and theyll fit it if your not too comfortable with electrics. itll cost about ?20 to get fitted and itll be worth it if you want a nice neat install.
THERE are a numbers of ways to hook up a playstation and i suggest this way as its like having two head units!