PDA

View Full Version : door pods/3subs

Anonymous
09-01-01, 01:09 AM
i want to fit some speakers into the front doors where can i get either some door pods or even better a new door card with built in speaker pods, also i need a decent amp to run 3 Db audio 10'' subs , wats the best amp for this

Anonymous
09-01-01, 09:16 AM
In one of last months mags (Fast Car/Max-not sure which) there were some door pods which replace the standard door pockets, they were mad by JVC and also included a pretty good speaker. I think they started around about ?100 for the set including the speakers, not bad price really.

Anonymous
09-01-01, 10:16 AM
Quad Conversions are doing door pods, ?160 including 6" speakers. have a look on vwww.quadconversions.com .

Anonymous
09-01-01, 07:24 PM
make you own ya lazy bastard
- i got some simular wood - 3-4mm wide - (any thicker and it falls of door), cut to size, measured where all the panel clips are and drill the wholes, then get panel clips in - from halfords for example, wack um on to check they fit, then cover the front of the card with wadding - thin stuff 'cos it looks shit if wide stuff and, well just looks shit. staple this on but don't overlap it around the edge, then get some fake leather/or that groovey carpet stuff from some material shop, rap it over edges and staple on.

as for speakers just cut whole and make a bracket out of a denser wood for better sound quality, then just cover um.

cost me ?12 per door - plus 3 hours work, save 136quid - wwhhhaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!

good luck

chris