PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Insurance question

az_e11
02-03-05, 04:46 PM
Have just sold my 1.2 Nova, n am saving for a Nova gsi, or at least something quicker than a 1.2,

however till then i need a temp car, seen a 1.3 Fiesta with Mot and tax for ?130, the thing is i need to know, whether its possible to get insured on this car, for say just 2 months, as i dont plan on keeping it very long, just till i find a new car.

Any ideas

cherz

8)

James B
02-03-05, 04:53 PM
I found a company that can offer quarterly insurance, when i was looking to insure a van for a week, this is the best that they could do. so this may be useful for you, pretty sure it was Norwich Union actually. Other than that, why not insure it then swap policies within the same company when you get your nova so you dont lose those 3 months no claims and your monthly amount (if paying monthly) will be adjusted accordingly. job done.

Nick
02-03-05, 05:02 PM
im sure novaload offers you a insurance forum service ? maybe try contacting an admin about it here (http://www.novaload.net/forums/login.php?logout=trueurl)

Philsutton
02-03-05, 05:03 PM
when i had a runaround for about 3 days i ran up my insurance company an asked them to add the car for a week

James B
02-03-05, 05:13 PM
when i had a runaround for about 3 days i ran up my insurance company an asked them to add the car for a week

this would be the best option but it depends if he's still insured on the nova that he's just sold. unlikely. i tried to do that with a van but they wouldnt let me. arse.

az_e11
02-03-05, 05:14 PM
Just found out that the insuarance on my nova that i sold, doesnt run out till April 2005, so still got a month left which i have paid, with a company called Prudential, will i loose this

8)

Jack
04-03-05, 12:06 AM
Switch your current insurance to the fiesta. Adding it as a temporary car would also work, but you'd probably have to pay a fee for this, when changing it to the fiesta may even net you a small refund.

You'll only lose your insurance if you cancel it - I kept my hatch policy going for a couple of weeks after I sold it in case HIC could give me a decent quote on swapping it to a new car (in the end Admiral worked out cheaper so I cancelled with HIC and went with Admiral).

az_e11
04-03-05, 12:26 AM
Switch your current insurance to the fiesta. Adding it as a temporary car would also work, but you'd probably have to pay a fee for this, when changing it to the fiesta may even net you a small refund.

You'll only lose your insurance if you cancel it - I kept my hatch policy going for a couple of weeks after I sold it in case HIC could give me a decent quote on swapping it to a new car (in the end Admiral worked out cheaper so I cancelled with HIC and went with Admiral).

yep, cherz I will try that
Only thing is my Nova was a 1.2, where the fiesta that i'm gettin 2moz is a 1.3, so this might effect the current insurance i have

8)