PDA

View Full Version : Rust + arches!

Anonymous
18-08-00, 09:47 PM
I am having massive problems with rust on my '88 SR. After having the arches filled and rust protection applied just 5 months ago, the rust is beginning to come back through! I need advice on getting this major problem sorted! Getting the arches cut out, and new ones welded in seems a bit expensive (?150 per arch!), and tips anyone? Also after taking my bumpers off to get them sprayed I found yet more rust, any advice? I intend on keeping the car for atleast another 3-4yrs so I need long term solutions! Cheers!

Anonymous
19-08-00, 11:59 AM
get the arches sorted professionally it only gets worse. I got an arch done (rusty arch cut out and new one weled in)with a unique colour match for ?100.00 they have a done a great job. If you are planning on having the car for a while its worth it! I went to JD Bodyworks in Mansfield - Nottinghamshire

cheers

davo

Anonymous
19-08-00, 02:27 PM
wht dont u try it urself?
i did on my girlfriends car and its not that bad if u have all the gear. cut the rust of the rustproof the metal. then offer up a repair pannel and get it tacked on with some weld. grind the welds down and then skim over and over with filler to hide the join. i done my girlfreinds with a tiny little electric snader but when i get round to doing mine im gonna buy a DA sander.