PDA

View Full Version : Insurance on a 1.2?

Anonymous
12-07-00, 10:47 AM
I'm shortly going to inherit a 1.2 antibes. I want to put a nova sr front bumper on it, and a GTE grille. How much more will my insurance be, will the insurance companies take the piss? Is it worth declaring?
Cheers for any help
Happy motoring
Ged

Anonymous
12-07-00, 06:17 PM
nothing if you dont tell them

Anonymous
14-07-00, 01:46 PM
It depends what group insurance you are on.

Anonymous
15-07-00, 05:34 PM
ged u could play dumb and say u thought the grill and bumper where standerd, obvoisly this wont work if u modd it to much but heres a word ov advice.

my brother bought a k reg mk2 for ?3000 2 years ago and we sorted it with a vented bonnet, headlamp eybrows, gsi rear spoiler and skirts. mk3 astra 6 spokes 60mm lowering springs, sri clocks and central locking and elecy windows. he whent out with his girlfreind and her mate who also had a nova for a bit ov a cruise the got bored and decided to race. then they decieded to have a race where my brother raced his girlfriend who was driveing her mates car. now my brother found a qiet strech ov road and they when for it and he kicked his girlfreinds ares easy. so easy that he decieded to stop and turn around and go back for her. he was busy doing a three point turn when she came blasting up the road and hit his drivers door at about 50mph. he whent to hospital with only a broken leg while she whent and lost her unborn baby which she didnt even know about. the police arrived and they all made up storys about who did what and sort ov got away with it. the problem was when the insurance assesor cam out to look at my bothers car, the police had allready took the cars awya to be examined to see if either car was unroadworthy b4 the crash and give them the all clear, they said both cars were okay. the insurance bloke took one look at my brothers modded car and laughed and walked away, he hadnt told them about the modds, a year whent past and my brother was trying to argue that none ov the modifactions played any part in the car crash but in the end the insurrance company fucked him off. now he ows the salvage company ?1000 for staorage ov the car for a year which my dad had to put on his visa he still ows the insurrance company for half a years cover and hes till paying for the car itself to this day.

now that maybe a very long way to show the bad side ov declareing no modds but i think it shows just what can happen for the sake ov a few more pounds per month.

im with greenlight insurance and everytime i ring up to tell them ive modded the car they get excited and always want to know how much better it runs etc, my car insurrance only whent up ?60 for dropping a 1.4 motor in with a k&n filter, my mates whent up &80 just for the k&n the point is if ur with a good modifyed insurrance company they wont bust ur arse when y modd the car greenlight havnt charged me any extra for any ov my bodykit or interior modds and for that i think there friggin excellent

rightnow i finished typeing im going for a wank !!!!!!1

Anonymous
19-07-00, 05:29 PM
How much are u paying at the moment?