PDA

View Full Version : mickey-central locking

Anonymous
11-07-00, 04:19 PM
can ya tell me how to wire up astra gte central door locks they have a blue red black brown and purple wire what do they all do

Anonymous
12-07-00, 06:29 PM
i couldnt be arsed with the vuaxhall central locking coz its to complicated, what u need to do is go and find a scrappy wiv sum old volvo 340 gls and take the motors out ov these, there the same motors as the vauxhall stuff but mucheasier to wire up (the vauxhall stuff needs and control box but the volvo gear dosnet) the volvo stuff should be wirted up as follows

the drivers motor has four wires brown=earth pink=live yellow and green goto all the other motors in the car thats it its a doddle

the only thing u gotta look out for is rember to reverse the green and yellow wires b4 they goto the other motors (so the green wire from the drivers motor go`s to the yellow wire on the others and vice versa and its sorted)

MY CENTRAL LOCKING ONLY COST ME ABOUT A TENNER!!!!!!!

THE SCRAPPY I WHENT TO ONLY CHARGES ?3 A MOTOR

Anonymous
13-07-00, 03:53 PM
I fitted central locking from a carlton, it only cost ?15 get the contol box to the right of the acellerator pedal. Get as much of the loom as you can, also get the connecting rods and plastic end clips. fit the motors at the bottom of the door below the lock, I used one existing hole and drilled another, you will have to bend the salvaged rods to the correct length. I had a few problems bypassing the deadlock switches on the carlton set up, the secret is to wir the drivers side up the same as the passanger side.