PDA

View Full Version : SRi cutting out problems!

Anonymous
13-08-00, 11:29 AM
Can anyone help? My SRi has recently started cutting out when you are slowing down - as you put the clutch in to change - mainly from 4th to 3rd, the engine won't idle, and the revs drop down to less than 500 RPM and most of the time the car cuts out. It always restarts perfectly, first time, but its getting worse all the time. It seems to happen only when the car has got up to temperature, and gets worse each time I drive it!! Please HELP!!!!

Anonymous
13-08-00, 01:15 PM
i had that prob on my 1.2 carb flair. try new plugs leads and dizzy stuff (cap and arm if you have em) and get your mixture checked!!

stuart :)

Anonymous
13-08-00, 01:16 PM
I'm no expert but once my nova was cutting out when it came to a stop and had to keep pressing the accelerator to keep the revs up. It turned out to be a faulty plug, im not srue if this is your problem but thats what happened to me, I changed it and is fine now, anyway hope it helps.

Anonymous
14-08-00, 06:26 PM
try checking ur fuel pump for faulty earths etc. if the earth is shity and ur belting along the road ur alternator will be supplying enough jice to keep the fuel pressure up. but when u dip the throttle and ur revs die then a faulty earth wont let as much elecy travvel through the pump. try driving about and when u down change blip the throttle to keep the revs up and see what happens