PDA

View Full Version : rear arch mods

Anonymous
13-08-00, 10:41 AM
I know there are 2 ways of modifyin the rear arches on my 1.4SR .Rolling and cutting.The first option takes a lot longer and is better left to a pro,so I want to know if cutting of the arch lips will do. I know this removes the spot welds and some people say this weakens the car , but if its so harmful how come most lowered novas I see have the rear lips cut off???????

Anonymous
13-08-00, 11:01 AM
I think it depends how big on wheels u wanna go, u could cut upto but not past the spot welds. this will give u xtra room with out weakening the car.
Or you could cut them out, the cars not going to fall apart but...then again, you wouldnt only use 3 legs on a 4 legged table would you.

Best option I would say is to pay and have um rolled etc, you get the room you want with out losing the 4th table leg :O)

Anonymous
13-08-00, 08:01 PM
get them rolled

Anonymous
14-08-00, 06:21 PM
MAC OH MAC OH DADDY MAC

i thought u had them sorted?
the reason u see load ov cars with the lips cut off is because the owners are lasy bastards who can do the job propperly. on my girlfriends car before i bought it (it was my younger brothers) i had cut the lips off to fit the renault rims (et36). this caused 2 big problems. the arch was weakend and when i was trying to flare the arch out slightly to squeeze the rims under it just buckled and warped in front ov my eyes. the other problem was that somehow the water managed to find its way through the sealent i had put on the join and rotted both rear arches compleatly in about 2 months, hence the repair pannels.

did u buy the repair pannels from selecta pannel?

i fitted one myself and didnt have to weld it i just glued it on and built up the rear quarter with filler to continue the shape.

it took sum time but i done it myself and u cant tell.