PDA

View Full Version : Getting grease/oil marks out of seats?

gtegary
07-08-12, 05:43 PM
Hi, I've just dragged my GTE interior out of storage to find the drivers seat has a grease/oil mark on it, it's still "wet" which makes me think it's grease.

Any tips on how to get this out easerly?

Cheers

SimonTW
07-08-12, 06:03 PM
I got dirty petrol and grease all over the carpet of my Mini thanks to some mechanics. I tried a few things to shift it but the best product was a small aerosol from Tesco called de-solve it.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250707542

Highly recommended!

gtegary
07-08-12, 06:39 PM
Awesome cheers mate, I will try that. Was gutted when I got it out and saw the mark as its a mint interior!

Southie
07-08-12, 06:52 PM
Some of this might also be worth a read mate CLICKY (http://www.quadrantvehicles.com/blog/2008/removing-oil-stains.html)

gtegary
07-08-12, 07:02 PM
Not sure on the wd40 idea lol

paddy235
29-10-12, 07:21 PM
i used wd40 to remove gearbox oil and worked a treat

craig green
03-12-12, 10:05 PM
WD 40 is a dirty coloured oil anyway. I'm sure it would degrease to a degree but still create & leave you with some mess.

I managed to get oil on a parcel shelf from a bicycle chain, I used some of the wet-wipe type household wipes. The oil was cleaned away nicely. I think they were Flash wipes but could have been anything. Some are water based though so might not work on oil/grease.

bobby1982
01-02-13, 05:03 PM
where abouts in essex are you? i used to be head valeter at the porsche dealers in colchester... i can get hold of the gaffer there and get one of the lads to sort it for you if you want. i've moved up north or i would have done it myself. you might have to slip the fella a drink.

EwanG
01-02-13, 05:25 PM
Try vanish foam or fairy liquid with a damp sponge and dry as much as you can with a towel. White spirit mite work also.

Novasport
01-02-13, 06:58 PM
Brake cleaner, I use it for everything. Even removed lilly pollen from my 2 week old cream coloured carpet after I had nearly given up after using every other product I could find.