PDA

View Full Version : Nova wheels and lowering

Anonymous
09-08-00, 11:01 PM
On friday i am getting some 16" speedline alesio 2 wheels with 195/45 on and i know i will need the arches rolling on the rear, but what about the front?. Also can i lower it by 40mm and still get people in the back?, I spoke to PMC and they said i could. Also can anyone tell me what a good cat back exhaust system is for a nova 1.4 SRI K-reg? Thanks Ric

Anonymous
10-08-00, 10:27 AM
Im about to do the same sorta thing myself. Ive donea fair bit of research and id say probably not have ppl in the rear, unless they are well skinny, "NOT SURE THO" so dont quote me. :)

Fronts are usually ok, but as you are lowering a reasonable amount as well, then rolling etc MAY be neccessary.

Hope something in there helps and good luck.

Anonymous
10-08-00, 05:11 PM
Mine is lowered 60mm on 15/195/50 and I have had all my arches cut away if that helps.

Anonymous
12-08-00, 04:40 PM
I am about to lower mine by 60mm with 15/195/50's remove all flanges on the arches. I would also recommend cutting your springs to size instead of bying springs just as good and cheaper.

Freak
31-07-02, 05:49 PM
Your car needs to be driveable in order to get scrapage.Give it six miles it will be off the road again........

(Peeps who arent in chat will have no idea what this is all about).

Rick Draper
31-07-02, 05:59 PM
LMFMO And to think i was so fresh to the nova scene! Rick

Phil_G
31-07-02, 10:10 PM
Hi

I would also recommend cutting your springs to size instead of bying springs just as good and cheaper.

There are plent of reasons NOT to cut springs

1) The spring was made with that length in mind and, as such, had a poundage level that was deemed adeqate. Incase you arent familiar with the term poundage, it relates to how stiff the spring is. SO by shortening the spring, but not increasing its poundage, the car will end up hitting the bump stops when you are driving along and the resulting ride will be awful

2) ever thought of the mounts? they were designed to take a certain shape of coil which, in your infinate wisdom, have just hacked off so the spring wont sit properly.

3) lowering springs can be had for not much money atm (average of around a ton for four) so why bother bodging it? its your safety at stake.

Not to mention if you were to crash and the insurance company assessors saw the cut spring - how do you thin they would react?

Cheers

Phil

PS: quote from chat tonight
* ******* chopped front springs once
<*******> heated up and bent to shape so they sat in the rubber mounts
<*******> looked shit ho
<*******> hot
<*******> bout 4 months later
<*******> extra coil snapped off
<*******> :s
<*******> NEVER EVER CHOP SPRINGS :o

Nova1.6
01-08-02, 11:22 AM
where can i get speedline aleso 2's from and how much with or without tyres, any prices would help, i want some.
Cheers
Neil

Will
09-08-02, 01:34 AM
wheel base sell them they are not cheap mind! on the lowering front, i have cut back rear arches and lowered 60 mm with 7x16 195/45 and can drive 4 up no worries, which is nice :D