PDA

View Full Version : Bumper swap - pre to facelift bumpers

Anonymous
09-08-00, 10:38 PM
Alreeeeeet!!! I've got an '88 SR and I'm looking at fitting some of the later facelift bumpers onto it. As far as I can see they're all the same design except the GSi's were colour coded, correct me if I'm wrong. I think the front and back's just go on as a direct replacement as I've examined em and the towing eyelets etc... are in the same place on the pre and facelift models. If not please tell me what else I need to do! Cheers, Ste J

Anonymous
09-08-00, 11:29 PM
Yes!Yes! The facelift bumpers do fit on! The only difference being the pre bumper goes down under the grille and the facelift is stright, What you gonna put on GSi or standard?? they both look good, Or why not get a Kingdom Developments "LOUDMOUTH" bumper, they look the dogs' There about ?250 but your car will get lots of respect and the ladies will come flocking like a fart lingering in a phone box!!! But the choice is yours, I know what id do matey!!!

Anonymous
09-08-00, 11:56 PM
i saw a new kit for novas in maxpower, its calles the abyss kit and comprises of a wicked front bumper sideskirts rear bumper bonnet vent and spoiler for about 400 quid from a company called CCM

Anonymous
12-08-00, 01:54 PM
well the bumper does fit on but you will have hassle as the gsi has a different design arround the headlights and you will get a gap below your headlights seach the nova owners e-group archive as this has been going on for a few weeks now -Link to egroups on http://members.xoom.com/vauxnova