PDA

View Full Version : new paint

swedge
02-06-11, 09:26 AM
so what do the clean freaks recomend for my car to keep the paint good?

its currently being resprayed glacier white

i used to just use Autoglym SRP and any random wax i had lol

db_1.2
02-06-11, 07:40 PM
Colonite gets the best ratings most places, for price/quality of product. HD wax is trash IMO.

Benn
02-06-11, 07:50 PM
Leave the SRP till you need a semi good polish, doesn't have much wax in it.

Get a good polish, think Megs, Chemical guys, Dodo juice,

Then get a good proper wax, Colonite is good, as again are Megs, Chemical guys, Dodo juice

Check out

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/index.php

Where i buy from, great prices and service.

Jeff16v
02-06-11, 08:27 PM
Also add poorboys to the list above

Southie
02-06-11, 08:52 PM
A mate of mine got hold of some of this >LINK (http://www.dtconcours.co.uk/carnauba-wax.php)< Sadly no pictures of it but my words it looked brilliant. ;)

db_1.2
02-06-11, 10:02 PM
Also add poorboys to the list above

Yup

craig green
27-10-11, 06:41 PM
SRP is pants imo.

Lime prime by Dodo juice is a great 'mild' polish esp for newish paint.

Dont go polishing it too soon however, give it a few weeks for it to harden & the solvents to evaporate.

vx kev
27-10-11, 08:32 PM
As per Craig, on my glacier white project i used Dodo Juice Lime Prime 1st and then Dodo Juice Diamond White hard wax regularly on it. Great finish an ease of use so win win. Although the Diamond White is specifically for lighter coloured cars the wax itself is colourless, i found it that good a combo i use it on all my motors no matter off colour.

ocdstigy
19-12-11, 04:32 PM
Hi mate,i'm a pro detailer so listen carefuly lol

super resin polish is a polish with fillers in it,it does not protect the paint it just cleanses it and partially hides defects,for a new paint job you will not need this!

If you want a good wax look on cleanyourcar.co.uk for the autofinesse range of waxes,top notch products,remember you need to apply with a proper wax pad etc,

What i's suggest you do is phone cleanyoucar and ask for Tim,he will advise you on the best products for the car,i would love to mate but i need to go as i'm busy,unless you want to drop me a pm and i will reply later tonight with a full list and some tips and tricks :)

Acerliam
19-12-11, 08:15 PM
I heard Zymol is good but expensive lol

ocdstigy
21-12-11, 01:24 PM
There is a zymol wax at 9grand lol lol

I'm happy to advise you mate just ask away :)