PDA

View Full Version : hulkenberg's pole lap........in car

mowgli
07-11-10, 12:24 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9163844.stm

now that was pretty much inch perfect,

MK999
07-11-10, 12:27 AM
Actually I could see a few off lines and slips there, that would turn an ordinary pole lap into 5-6th, the pace and confidence in the car is amazing though :eek:

Edd
07-11-10, 12:29 AM
loved it

should spice it up a bit tomorrow

General Baxter
07-11-10, 12:34 AM
i was jumping up and down lol

mowgli
07-11-10, 12:35 AM
i have a feeling that the lad will get mugged at turn 1, but considering williams were talking about getting a pay driver in for next year to replace nico, the lad just set his stall out good & proper.

mk999, considering how small the dry line was, i think it was pretty much perfect, and i wish him well for tomorrow, and i'm sure everyone would love to see williams & cosworth get a win again

MK999
07-11-10, 12:44 AM
Don't get me wrong, it was quick, the time can testify to that, however it was aggressive and untidy, for a very good reason. Very very clever, confident and ultimately quick driving. There was a large amount of skill on display for sure

Pistol Pete
07-11-10, 10:39 AM
i have a feeling that the lad will get mugged at turn 1, but considering williams were talking about getting a pay driver in for next year to replace nico, the lad just set his stall out good & proper.

mk999, considering how small the dry line was, i think it was pretty much perfect, and i wish him well for tomorrow, and i'm sure everyone would love to see williams & cosworth get a win again

This.

Damn god show by Nico yesterday. Williams/F1 teams in general, need to sort it out. Yes money is needed but its nothing without someone to drive your car well IMO.

Looking forward to todays race very much.

EDIT: just watched the lap. Was good. Few slips but nothing major.

However, not wanting to take anything away from Nico, was he just on the right tyres and right track conditions at the right time? Clearly was IMO and made the most of it. As Webber said, he made the rest of them look average!!

MK999
07-11-10, 12:26 PM
However, not wanting to take anything away from Nico, was he just on the right tyres and right track conditions at the right time? Clearly was IMO and made the most of it. As Webber said, he made the rest of them look average!!

No, rest of the drivers were on slicks towards the end too, with a pretty dry line around around circuit, however they didn't have the pace, aggression or confidence in their car to keep heat in the tyres, Hulkenberg went out and basically caned his set of slicks, kept them warm in the bad conditions and benefited greatly from it, hence the untidyness of the lap and the couple of slips. He could have gone faster without those, but that's a very very very fine line, moving onto the untidy side of aggressive driving makes sure the tyres stay warm, fantastically skilled, clever driving in less than ideal conditions imo.