PDA

View Full Version : Snow Foam

Nova_Sean
06-10-10, 07:36 PM
Talk to me!

Thinking about going halves with the old man on all the kit that we need. Only question is, whats the best/needed kit?

Have looked at this Lance (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-lance-various-fittings/prod_371.html) mainly because it includes the right adapter for our pressure washer, but what else do i need? gonna get the Bilt hamber foam we think.

Also, tips/a how to guide/links would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers

14nova
06-10-10, 09:15 PM
looks like a good investment. can it be used without a power washer, just a normal hose?

Nova_Sean
06-10-10, 09:28 PM
From what i've read and understood, you can, but it's a waste of money as a normal hose cannot deliver enough pressure. Pressure is what makes the 'foam' and the more foam you have the denser it is which therefor makes it 'stick' to the car better

craig green
06-10-10, 09:31 PM
Degreaser would be better at cleaning the soot from the back end of your dirrty DERV wagon!

Nova_Sean
06-10-10, 09:46 PM
Screw you ya perv!

craig green
06-10-10, 09:50 PM
touched a nerve? LOL

Nova_Sean
06-10-10, 09:57 PM
Lol! No not at all craig!

Novasport
07-10-10, 10:22 PM
I had a read through some detailing websites for info on this.
The Autobrite foam lance seems to have a good following and was highly recommended. Bilt Hamber Auto Foam came out tops for what I wanted to spend & again came highly recommended.
Polish wise, AG Super Resin followed by Collinite 915 came highly recommended for dark coloured cars.
I purchased & have used all of the above on my Astra 888 and the wifes black BMW 1 Series Coupe and I am very impressed.
The foam followed by a wash wish Meg's NXT shampoo leaves the paintwork really nice & ready for polish.
The cars have stayed a lot cleaner for longer with the Collinite and the water beads really well.

Benn
07-10-10, 10:44 PM
That lance is very good, mines almost the same. You really do want it on a jet wash to get a real good foam going.

I use a 50/50 mix of shampoo and snow foam.. You get thick foam that's good to work with and pulls the dirt off. Get a "detailing" paint brush to work it in when the foam is working.

Rinse of and then wash car like normal. Clay it when wet with a bit of quick detailer and then dry. Then polish or wax.