PDA

View Full Version : Car Resprays

Anonymous
02-08-00, 06:48 PM
Has anyone ever done a DIY car respray, obviously i would get the correct spray paint or would i be better to get it done professionally? If i did it myself how much is it likely to cost?

If anyone in Scotland could recommend a car resprayer i ould be grateful.

Anonymous
03-08-00, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't recommened doing it yourself, your going to need so much equipment, paint, pray guns, oven. I'd get a pro to do this one.

Anonymous
03-08-00, 11:28 AM
Thanks Daniel advic taken aboard.
Could anyone in scotland recommend a sprayer?

Anonymous
03-08-00, 10:53 PM
It will cost an absolute fortune to get it done professionally... to give you an idea.. My Bonnet was gonna cost 80 quid to spray!!! and that was the cheapest quote out of loads!! Some were 170 quid... just for a bonnet!!

Anonymous
03-08-00, 10:55 PM
It will cost an absolute fortune to get it done professionally... to give you an idea.. My Bonnet was gonna cost 80 quid to spray!!! and that was the cheapest quote out of loads!! Some were 170 quid... just for a bonnet!!

Anonymous
04-08-00, 07:03 PM
Mine was done by the previous owner, he had a full respray for ?120 at an RAF base. So if you know anybody who is daring enough to do it there, and its a top bollox spray job

Anonymous
05-08-00, 06:09 PM
mine was done as a fiddle job at the garage were i used to valet it was ?20 a pannel and i had both sides done and the front end.

ive just painted my girlfriends car myself and it looks v nice
problam is u gotta have loads ov practise if u havent painted b4 coz its easy to cock up. also certain colours are harder to paint with.