PDA

View Full Version : Rev counter wire

Jack
16-11-08, 02:35 PM
Had a look in my loom for a green wire, and couldn't find one (well, not one that goes to the coil anyway) so I'm going to run a new cable.

The wire needs to go from the coil negative to the dials, yes? (cav dials, has a green tach wire on the back ready and waiting to be connected up).

Which wire do I splice the cable on to:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Cars/Project%20Ghey/08112008805.jpg

There's a blue cable on the left, a red cable on the right, and a multiplug in the bottom right which has 4 wires inside it - there's a green cable in that plug, but I can't see where in the loom it goes to. Certainly doesn't seem to go anywhere near the dash...

[edit] Also, there's a green wire laying about which you can see to the right of the coil. This has an odd L-shaped connector on the end - any idea what thats for? Seems like the wire goes along the front of the engine bay...

Steve
16-11-08, 02:44 PM
All I did on mine was find the green wire on the ecu's loom under the dash and run a cable to there from the rev counter. You sure you havent got a green wire on it?

Welsh Dan
17-11-08, 11:02 AM
On my 1.2 it was the green wire on the multiplug...

Spudly
17-11-08, 11:04 AM
Should be the green one in the multi-plug i reckon jack!

Shaun_O'Donnell
17-11-08, 11:08 AM
I didn't splice in to a wire at the coil, just used a connector and plugged it onto one of the spare negative connections. I'm at work or would otherwise get a close up pic.