PDA

View Full Version : mk2 heater problem

ruthless potato
09-11-08, 07:41 PM
hi
right the problem is that my heaters arnt working. Everything else works ie the fan and the cold part of it , but there is no warm at all even when the engine is warm. So basically if u guys could suggest what may be the problem , or where to look around the dash to find out. Its a mk 2 if that helps. This is my first car so not experienced with this side of car maintenance any help would be majorly appreciated as its eeefing cold in that thing haha

cheers

Spudly
09-11-08, 07:52 PM
Could be the cable has come off the adjuster, if you put your hand down the side of the center part of the dash you will feel the heater matrix box, on the side there is an arm thats adjusted by a cable from the dash controls, the right hand side one is for heat, if you trace the cable down you will feel the little metal arms that the cables adjust, get your car warm and your blowers on and feel for this and move it back or forth and you should find warmth!

If not then you need to start looking at your coolant level, thermostat or headgasket!

ruthless potato
09-11-08, 07:59 PM
right ok cheers will get on that tomoro. hope it is that casue even i know headgasket is not good.

NovaGuy1400SRi
10-11-08, 05:43 PM
Left cable on the heater box is hot/cold.

On mine, the clip that holds the outer casing on the cable has broken, so turning the dial doesn't move the hot/cold lever much.

ashleigh
12-11-08, 01:12 PM
my window heaters blow out realy hot but my centre ones blow out cold bt i jus close den ones n jus av da window ones on haha

Adam
12-11-08, 01:12 PM
Stop text typing.

The centre ones only blow out cold air.
Only the end ones blow hot