PDA

View Full Version : indicator stalks!!!! please help

custom nova rebuild
06-11-08, 04:28 PM
hi, got a mk2 nova,
heres my problem,
when i go to turn my indicators on it comes up as a single green light and no indicators come on, but the the main beam works, also the relays, im not sure which one is the flasher unit?? how many relays are you suppose to have under the fuse box as i only have 3 in there and it looks like there should be 4??
please help its doing my head in lol!!!!

meritlover
06-11-08, 04:30 PM
sounds like you have a bulb blown, bad earth or wiring fault.

is there a ANY indicators illuminating on the outside?

how about the 4-Ways? what happens when thats pressed?

AlexW
06-11-08, 04:40 PM
Nope i would think that is the hazzad switch. Make sure its pushed in all the way.

NovaGuy1400SRi
06-11-08, 05:08 PM
Have you even got a hazard switch in it? as thats what happens when you take the hazard switch out.

NovaGuy1400SRi
06-11-08, 05:09 PM
Also the 4th relay might well be the lights on buzzer if you dont have one. It's the middle one in the row of 3 if i remember correctly.

Spudly
06-11-08, 05:36 PM
Have you even got a hazard switch in it? as thats what happens when you take the hazard switch out.

Sounds like this is correct or its funked!

custom nova rebuild
06-11-08, 10:04 PM
hi, thanks for all your help the hazards switch is broken and when pushed in the indicators wont go off, so maybe thats the problem, but to answer meritlover no the indicators do not come on when i try to turn them on, so do you think i should get a new hazzard switch then see if it works??

gtachorley
07-11-08, 02:54 PM
Check the hazard is in correctly and is connected up.

I sprayed my dash and when I put the dash back in this happened to me worked out i never connected the hazard back up properly, now it fine

AlexW
07-11-08, 03:04 PM
Check the hazard is in correctly and is connected up.

I sprayed my dash and when I put the dash back in this happened to me worked out i never connected the hazard back up properly, now it fine

read his last post.

You need to find a new or working hazzard switch as the indicators wont work without it. Just tap the hazzard switch up onto the dash so it stays pushed (AKA off) or buy another. I seem to have collected a fair amout of working switchs latly and they have eather been free or cheap (minus the 2brand new ones ofc)

NovaGuy1400SRi
07-11-08, 07:48 PM
Take the switch apart and take the springs out :)

jimbob-mcgrew
09-11-08, 04:50 AM
whoah novaguys's on a bit of a mad one there lol prob work

im guessing your switch has lost the ability to turn off, so youve pulled it out right ?

when its plugged in, try givvin it a lil pull rather than a push right before u push it in to turn it off, ive noticed most of that style switch responds to that method and catches on the close stroke after the pull, if not ppppftt, what can i say, new switch, but it might help u out for the time beeing till u sort somet out, if not a m8 of mine once taped his down to the dash to keep it from going off, did the job untill he could find a replacement.

like he said the indicators run thru the hazard switch wiring, so any fault within that department would most prob point at that.
if the switch is unplugged the indicators wont work prety simply put.

loggyboy
09-11-08, 10:56 AM
http://www.novahazardswitch.co.uk

custom nova rebuild
09-11-08, 05:04 PM
hi, thanks for all your posts sorted the problem, it is definatly the hazard switch just gotta get a new one jammed it in at the moment with a 2p coin lol!!!!!!!

loggyboy
09-11-08, 11:24 PM
Dont mess around buying a new one, it will just break again. If you dont have the inclination to modify it for free, but your willing to buy a new one, send it me and il mod it for you.