PDA

View Full Version : rear wiper wiring help

bmw156
27-10-08, 06:11 PM
i have taken my old dash board out, and labeled all the wires up, sat my new dash, mk2 one. in the car and labeled all those wires up,

relised i have no wire on the new dash for my rear wiper, like no switch etc

i have a switch for the lights to change angles which i dont have on my old dash.

what should i do about the rear wiper. should i take out the extra angle switch and put in my old mk1 rear wiper switch? try and bodge it

and why doesnt it have a rear wiper switch did it use to be on the stalk in the mk2 version?

many thanks
martin

Huffy
27-10-08, 07:02 PM
hello mate i changed my mk1 dash for a mk2 and i got the looms changed because it was a whole lot easier tbh dont think you need the head light level on the mk1 i havent had mine wired up anyway only trobble im having is the speedo on my digi dash aint working and my rear wiper stays on people will say theres no need to change the loom but its the best way i found hope this helps mate :thumb:

p.s thats my old nova in pic

bmw156
27-10-08, 09:39 PM
ok cool thanks for the help, im not going to change the loom as thats tonns of work, and moneys lol

will give it a shot, think i will just bodge the rear windscreen wiper

Huffy
29-10-08, 05:08 PM
you could just take it off the wiper arm an that and replace it with a gromet thats even easier lol

AlexW
29-10-08, 05:16 PM
You mean the mk2 stalks dont have a rear wiper? As mk1 and Mk2 stalks are the same.

It prob came from a Mk2 like mine that didnt have a rear wiper as standard.

Huffy
29-10-08, 06:23 PM
the mk1 switch for the rear wiper is a flick switch on the right of the steering wheel and the mk2 is on the stalk at least thats how mine was