PDA

View Full Version : wiper wires confusion

jimbob-mcgrew
26-10-08, 07:28 PM
have ditched the wiper stalk, and want to run front wipers & washers on switches, but i cant bloody figure out how any of it works, not even the washers !

right so this is as far as ive got:

black & purple = switched ignition live
yellow = single speed
white = double speed
brown = earth
blue = no friggin clue but it goes to the relay (can put power down the line)
black & yellow = some part of the relay
black & grey = line to washer pump terminal (can put power down the line)
2 x black & red = line to other washer pump terminal (can put power down the line)

ive rigged up wires on switches so that single speed and double speed were working, but they stopped on the switch, not on the relay as they should, cant find intermittent either. i tried almost every combination i could think of with the wiring, even putting 2 different wires together on different switch terminals.. and im lost with the washers cos nothing happens regardless of how u power and earth those 2 lines (but may be the pump, will try another one later), somethings missing from the equasion thats upsetting all my efforts, something to do with the relay wires i think. can anybody help ?

NovaGuy1400SRi
26-10-08, 10:15 PM
what was wrong with having a wiper stalk like everybody else lol

jimbob-mcgrew
27-10-08, 02:05 AM
nowt, but its in the way of where my choke is now mounted, so it needs shifting.
plus the current stalk i have, i think is a possible mot fail as the rear wipe and wash functions on it dont do anything due to there not being a rear wiper anymore.

jimbob-mcgrew
27-10-08, 02:09 AM
help somebody please, i wanna try get this back on the road within the next few days so i can drive it for its last month of tax and mot before it goes sorn, and i cant wrap the loom untill this last thing is taken care of.

Rich
27-10-08, 02:30 PM
You dont need a rear wiper for the mot, it wont fail on that. Would be about 100 times easier to move your choke cable...

jimbob-mcgrew
27-10-08, 04:26 PM
the stalk switch has rear wiper and washer functions on it that now dont do anything, as the wiper/washer have been removed obviously. ive been told switches installed for usual components, that dont work are regarded as a fail. i dont know a whole lot about the mot system, but tell me if im wrong. im not gonna move the choke, ive got it in a good spot. all i need is some help on the wiring front.

djshaggeh
27-10-08, 07:28 PM
You dont need a rear wiper for the mot, it wont fail on that.

It will fail if it has the switch - but no wiper.

Rich
27-10-08, 08:54 PM
Sure the rear wiper isnt even a tested part, whether its there or not. Plenty of mot passes with rear wiper blades half hanging off.

You an mot tester?

NovaGuy1400SRi
27-10-08, 10:17 PM
Take the wiper arm off the motor :thumb:

Can't fail it if it aint there. My old 306's rear wiper motor didn't work, so i just took the arm off & it passed.

jimbob-mcgrew
27-10-08, 10:41 PM
it was removed ages ago, im trying to find someone that can help with the wiring.

jimbob-mcgrew
27-10-08, 10:41 PM
you lot are just taking the piss outta me aint ya

jimbob-mcgrew
28-10-08, 05:04 PM
bah, couldnt figure it out, put it back to how it was, will just have to live with the switch in the way of the choke untill its warmed up.

burgo
28-10-08, 06:40 PM
are you wanting to keep the intermitent?

jimbob-mcgrew
29-10-08, 01:28 AM
i wanted to keep intermittent and single speed, couldnt get wipers to stop on cycle tho.. nor could i get intermittent to work, now ive hooked the switch back up, cycle stop and intermittent still dont work.. wtf ? could there be a prob with the relay or have i done somthing wrong and removed wires i shouldnt have, cos ive chopped 2 wires from the switch and relay taking out the rear wiper, bollox !