PDA

View Full Version : after market rev counter

bigdan1
21-10-08, 04:35 PM
i brought one regretably from a car boot altho only cost me a 5a lol
anyways iv tried wiring it up and its havin none of it
i have a 1.2 nova can any1 tell me where the wires actually go cus iv tried low tension side of the coil and nothin tried a ignition live an nothin ..
all whilst earthed of course an iv tried every wire combination possible
even my cousin sorted out the inside of it 2 make sure it was working properly so i no it works
help please =D

CoupeUK
21-10-08, 04:43 PM
Should be easy, how many wires?

bigdan1
21-10-08, 04:45 PM
yeh i no in theory lol
theres 4 wires
1 red, 1 white, 1 green, 1 black
black= earth?
red= possitive or low tension?
green= duno lol
and white is illumination im sure?

NovaGuy1400SRi
21-10-08, 05:01 PM
At a guess, i'd say-

Black=Earth
Red=Ignition Live
Green=Signal
White=Illumination

bigdan1
21-10-08, 05:06 PM
where do i put the green wire then ?
do i need 2 connect all 4 wires in order for it 2 work cus i wouldnt have fort so yet it doe read lol

Copers
21-10-08, 05:10 PM
Negative on the coil

CoupeUK
21-10-08, 05:13 PM
At a guess, i'd say-

Black=Earth, behind dash
Red=Ignition Live, ignition switch
Green=Signal, green on coil
White=Illumination, plug from loom into clocks

Like that, should be all!

bigdan1
21-10-08, 05:13 PM
yeh i fort so =D
i made a mistake i any used 2 wires at a time thats probs why i neva got it workin ... but now i think i no how 2 do it lol
cheer people muchly appreciated

Stoo
21-10-08, 05:30 PM
where u seriously asking why this wasnt wrking when you only used two wires?

bigdan1
21-10-08, 05:39 PM
yeh i was an iv just gone an done it properly and its stil not workin grr
peice of shizen lol

Copers
21-10-08, 05:44 PM
have you checked the its earthed properly? Or you can run a wire from postive on the battery straight to the positive wire on the rev counter and run a earth wire from the rev counter and back to the negative on the battery and tryed it then?

AlexW
21-10-08, 06:06 PM
STOP WITH THE DAMM TEXT TYPE! its hurting my eyes!

bigdan1
21-10-08, 06:24 PM
how do you pricks expect me to reply 2 posts when all u reply is "stop text typin" its my fukin thread an thats how i type if u doe like it tuff **** lol
dont reply ... and yes mate i tried runnin both wires direct 2 the batt but made no diff ... i dont need a rev counter but it looks gd lol
=D

Stuart
21-10-08, 06:36 PM
hmmmmmm abuse towards members whom are trying to assist you........... now what shall I do?

bigdan1
21-10-08, 06:37 PM
lol well i neva started anythink =[
they was pickin on me for my text type lool

Stuart
21-10-08, 06:38 PM
I'll pick on you WORSE for text typing ;) see your thread about it in muppet corner...

bigdan1
21-10-08, 06:46 PM
lmao ok =[

jimbob-mcgrew
21-10-08, 07:23 PM
stuart ! what did you do !

Stuart
21-10-08, 07:26 PM
moderated you :p

I probably have sin binned you.... esp if you use text typing lik you did :p

meh CHILL

Spudly
21-10-08, 08:03 PM
Bin the aftermarket thing as im guessing it doesnt work hence you not being able to wire it up.

Find a set of SR or GTE clocks from either here or fleabay then run a wire from the bottom left pin on your coil to the oe clocks and youll have a working rev counter!

hc coupe
22-10-08, 10:46 AM
Shouldn't it not work straight away.I always assumed the wires were there just had nothing to connect to the the basic models dash as it didn't have one.

Sorry I'm about to put my new clocks in at the weekend.

Spudly
22-10-08, 10:49 AM
Some are lucky and have the wire already in the plug, as you turn the plug to face you it should be top left pin (no,11 iirc) and a green wire, if thats there youre laughing if not you need to fit a wire to that pin and run it to your coil!

hc coupe
22-10-08, 10:53 AM
With my luck i'm running wire.

Thank you

Spudly
22-10-08, 10:55 AM
Its very easy to do tbh mate as ive done it a few times on mine and mates, is yours carb or injection as ive found a rough rule of thumb is carb`d novas dont have it and injected ones do lol

If you need any help, pics or whatever dont be afraid to ask!

bigdan1
22-10-08, 12:11 PM
Bin the aftermarket thing as im guessing it doesnt work hence you not being able to wire it up.

Find a set of SR or GTE clocks from either here or fleabay then run a wire from the bottom left pin on your coil to the oe clocks and youll have a working rev counter!

that was my next thing to do or a digi dash but heard they are quite tricky to wire up?

Spudly
22-10-08, 12:15 PM
that was my next thing to do or a digi dash but heard they are quite tricky to wire up?

Id go for the normal 6-dial clocks to start with tbh bud, digi dashes arent hard to do, you just need a set that hasnt got a fcuked about with loom which is hard to find thses days.
Ive wired a fair few of them and done a few for my mates aswell, there are loads of guides kicking about if you use the search you will find loads of info on it:thumb:

bigdan1
22-10-08, 12:42 PM
Id go for the normal 6-dial clocks to start with tbh bud, digi dashes arent hard to do, you just need a set that hasnt got a fcuked about with loom which is hard to find thses days.
Ive wired a fair few of them and done a few for my mates aswell, there are loads of guides kicking about if you use the search you will find loads of info on it:thumb:

yeh sound mate i love the digi dash in nova's but i can get my hands on 6 dials easier and cheaper 2bh.
i just gotta get me a set of clear indicators 1st haha then put a pic up straight away =D

hc coupe
22-10-08, 03:51 PM
SRspudly. My car is a 1.2 Carb but the new engine is a C16XE.Clocks are MK1 4 dial clocks (Yellow needles, missing battery and oil temp IIRC,only speed,rev's,engine temp and fuel)