PDA

View Full Version : EML and revs cutting at high rpm

Rich
18-10-08, 11:59 AM
Anyone had this problem?

Ive sorted the missfire that my car had, to find out im back to square one how it started :mad:

Its bringing up o2 sensor code for open circuit. I put a new o2 sensor on with no change, new afm, tried numerous crank sensors.

At high revs the revs just freeze like hitting the limiter but it just pops and tries putting me through the windscreen. I can let of the throttle and put my foot down again and it will still drive ok

John
18-10-08, 12:04 PM
Sounds like a fuelling problem rich? What tank/pump set up are you using? i had a similar problem on the standard inlet setup that turned out to be a fuel pump issue. Mine was strangled at high revs, sometimes it wouldn't rev past 4k. As soon as you let the throttle off it would run ok again for a few mins, then start again.

Rich
18-10-08, 12:10 PM
Its in a corsa sri using standard fuel pump, was fine with the 1.4 but then that wouldnt take as much to keep the engine happy (c14se)

Its actually been overfuelling

John
18-10-08, 12:12 PM
An extenal pump rich? or in tank? Iirc the intank ones have to be from a 16v corsa. The way i found the problem with mine was by rigging a fuel pressure gauge across the rail, and then taping it to the screen and going for a drive.

Rich
18-10-08, 12:52 PM
I thought the intank pumps just had to be a multipoint one? Think its a corsa sri intank pump i used in my xe nova. Ill definatly look into the fuel pressure though cheers

ck
18-10-08, 01:04 PM
if its saying open circuit for the o2 sensor then theres a break in the wire if you've replaced it.
is antyhing else coming up when reading the fault codes off the ecu?
as long as its a multipoint injection pump then it should be fine.

Rich
18-10-08, 04:45 PM
it goes closed loop fine, but will randomly go open loop again, thing is its a new loom as it did the same with a different loom :(

Adam
18-10-08, 04:46 PM
Cam sensor

Rich
18-10-08, 05:01 PM
You head of it being problem before? Ive been trying to get hold of one to try as im convinced its the problem, but noone seems to agree! Including all the vauxhall techs at work!

Adam
18-10-08, 05:07 PM
It causes the exact problem you describe, get to certain revs (usually about 4500rpm, and then it starts struggling/missing)

Shame your not closer, you could lend my sensor :(
Couldn't think of much else it could be tbh. Tried a spare coilpack?

Got that sticker btw, cheers :D

Rich
18-10-08, 05:10 PM
Well this is the problem i had from when i first got the car running. Put the o2 sensor on not sorted, tried afm. It was getting harder and harder to start then eventually it was missing constantly.

Put coilpack on this morning, started better drove ok but has the origional problem still. Think ive found a cam sensor to try (monday) so can only wait

Rich
20-10-08, 08:37 PM
Started up fine at work, came home parked it and left it for about an hour and 40 mins. Mate turned up to lend me cam sensor, put it on and tried to start, nothing....

Put old cam sensor on.. nothing...

Im thinking petrol, more petrol, a field and a lighter should sort it. :mad: