PDA

View Full Version : odd problem (late c20xe)

Rich
12-10-08, 01:35 PM
Ive got an idea of what i think it is, but wanted to see if anyone has had similar problems and what the cause was.

Ive got the engine running in my corsa, its drivable im using it everyday.

It used to randomly start hesitating and missing which stopped me from driving and have to pull over but soon cures itself and will be fine again. Checked the codes and it was coming up with 02 sensor open circuit. I change the o2 sensor and seemed to cure it but the light came back on for a few seconds and went off. Now if i floor it, the revs will build up fine but all of a sudden it will cut the revs usually between 5.5-6.5k and try sending me through the windscreen lol EML comes on for litterally the second this happens and then its fine again.

Appreciate any input anyone has, i suspect the cam sensor as the crank sensor was changed a while back.

Rich
12-10-08, 04:06 PM
Just taken the crank sensor out to give it a clean up, noticed there was 2 seals on it. Thought nice ive solved it, its now even harder to start and cuts out when trying to idle lol

Tried another crank sensor i had spare and its not changed anything

Rich
13-10-08, 07:48 PM
no one? I hate this engine lol

Its now getting harder and harder to start. Came out of work today and took 4 attempts to fire up