PDA

View Full Version : c16xe wiring problem

SR-Rally
11-10-08, 10:00 PM
i've put a 1600 16v into my nova gsi. i've wired it all up as everyone tells me and followed wiring diagrams off here. the problem is it won't start. it turns over but i no its not getting any fuel and fuel pump deffinatly works as took it off my working road car an hour ago. can anybody help? also when i turn ignition on no ignition lights come on other then fuel light at start and hand brake light? could that be connected?

General Baxter
11-10-08, 10:30 PM
which 1.6 16v engine is it ?

SR-Rally
11-10-08, 10:43 PM
c16xe out of corsa gsi, is there any dif between the c16 n x16 anyway other then egr etc.

SR-Rally
11-10-08, 10:59 PM
i've just looked at the fuse box and on the far right there are to slots not for standard fuses, there is nothing going to them but think there should be. does anybody no what goes ther, i've looked for any loose wires to fit in there but theres none.

SR-Rally
13-10-08, 11:17 PM
anyone

mviboi
14-10-08, 12:56 AM
c16 does not have a transponder pickup for the ecu, (immob) also c16 isnt the ecotec version :) there are a few other things but shure you can root them out yourself "search function" lol

Southie
14-10-08, 07:54 AM
I have had the same trouble with mine.. until last night that is :D yes it fired up for the first time.

It turned out that on mine it was the crank position sensor. Make sure you have put extra earths on as I have put 3 more in place on mine. An extra one on the gearbox, one off the alternator to the bulkhead and another extra one on the battery to the battery tray.