PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Clocks - Nova clocks.

Rexy
20-09-08, 08:28 PM
What each wire does and the colour for each for the speedo, I am in the middle of putting corsa clocks in my nova and im struggling with the wires atm. I've only had a quick play tonight but I need to ideally know what each wire does.

Adam*D
20-09-08, 08:31 PM
Well when you put a digi dash into a nova and corsa you match colour for colour, I've seen loads of guides on what wire does what on a digi dash all over the net so 1 of them might point you in the right direction:)

Rexy
20-09-08, 08:49 PM
cheers adam, i'll have a quick look now... Ive done most of the wire to wire shizzle but have some left over wires and not too sure what each of them does... and the ABS light is constantly on Pmsl, i dont have abs so its lying lol

Adam
20-09-08, 08:50 PM
Take the bulb out lol

What colours do you have left?

Rexy
20-09-08, 09:02 PM
i'm going to do all this tomorrow,i made something smoke before tho :D WOOOOOo smoking clocks FTW

General Baxter
20-09-08, 10:14 PM
was it the blue smoke of death?

Rexy
21-09-08, 10:50 AM
nah it was a white smoke of Burning, All sorted now... I had the Corsa connector thing upside down Doh!

jimbob-mcgrew
24-09-08, 06:38 PM
ive got some corsa clocks that im thinking of puttin into my nova too, mainly for the rev gauge.. will the fuel gauge and engine temp dials work correctly even tho there from a different car ?

AlexW
24-09-08, 06:59 PM
ive got some corsa clocks that im thinking of puttin into my nova too, mainly for the rev gauge.. will the fuel gauge and engine temp dials work correctly even tho there from a different car ?

Should do.

jimbob-mcgrew
24-09-08, 07:29 PM
should do... alex man, your fkin useless lol

and while were on the subject, the rear block connecter ive got with it doesnt seem to me like the proper one, it fits in both ways and doesnt click down, in the pic, does it look like the proper one ? and any idea which way round it goes, i dont want a 'white smoke of burning' scenario, or even worse the dreaded 'blue smoke of death' !

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/photon_09/PICT0211.jpg

Rexy
24-09-08, 07:57 PM
yes its the right one, The corsa has a holder for the Plug and the dials push into it. You have to hold it in place, Its virtually wire for wire, some wires are not used tho.

jimbob-mcgrew
24-09-08, 08:11 PM
ah, thatll explain the crappy fit, cheers.

any idea which way round it goes ? theres a bendy tag type catch on one side of the connector, my guess is it goes pointing toward the speedo side of the clocks, judging by the markings on the contacts, but feels just as crappy fit either way round.

and the wires are just colour for colour eh ? all the way

jimbob-mcgrew
24-09-08, 08:36 PM
ok i figured out which way round the connector goes, by tracking the circuit line of the temp gauge on the clocks to the pin and i had a choice of 2 wires with the connector both ways round, solid blue or brown & blue striped, and looking at someones digi dash guide, solid blue is temp gauge, so cool, that is with the bendy tag catch towards the speedo side of the clocks.

whats a good way to secure it in place ? i was thinkin a hot glue gun after its wired in, or maybe blu-tak on a less brutal and maintainable approach.

jimbob-mcgrew
26-09-08, 07:59 PM
right, ive wired in the corsa clocks, and so far so good, the wires ive done are working ok. ive got some leftovers from both connectors tho if u guys could help me out.

* nova leftovers *

- grey/green (side & headlight warning)
- white/black/green (l & r indicator warning)

* corsa leftovers *

- green (rev gauge which ill have to wire in somehow)
- blue/ brown = ?
- blue/red = ?
- brown/white = ?
- black/white = ?
- black/grey = ?

anybody corsa fluent ? or know of a diagram to help with these ?