PDA

View Full Version : general law on rear lights

General Baxter
19-09-08, 09:51 PM
im running euro rear fog on the back

can i stick some 5watt side lights in with the fog's?

ck
20-09-08, 03:45 AM
effectivly if your running a euro drivers light (so no fogs) you will need a red bulb to replace so the clear (euro reverse light) will sow red. or if you have the euro passenger light (so no reverse lights) you will legaly need to leave you drivers side fog light working. so this will leave a red apeture on the passenger N/S. all that you could really do with that is snip the reverse light wire and link into the drivers fog light giving 2 fog lights.

you could even snip the fog light wire (drivers side) and snip the reverse light wire (passenger) and link these to the side lights to have 2 side light on each side. obviously this would need to be switched back for mot times as you legaly need to have a fog light fitted to the drivers side rear...

hope this helps :D

General Baxter
20-09-08, 09:41 AM
so this will leave a red apeture on the passenger N/S. all that you could really do with that is snip the reverse light wire and link into the drivers fog light giving 2 fog lights.

:roll: done that years ago lol

loggyboy
20-09-08, 09:59 AM
In short, yes you can.

IIRC Cavs tail lights use twin fillament for fogs, the tail lights get brighter, rather than the usual tail lights getting brighter for brakes (nova esc)

General Baxter
20-09-08, 10:25 AM
thats what i was thinking, as when i switch the fogs on the extra side lamps will disappear

Mazz
20-09-08, 02:02 PM
I'm 99% sure my cav has twin bulbs for side lights and brakes, and fogs are seperate singles..