PDA

View Full Version : 1Ltr Coil wire

Ernie
16-09-08, 11:41 AM
As i am running a c20xe in my track car i am still using the 1ltr loom.
Ive heard from many people that the coil/ignition feed is not up to scratch really and just wondered if anybody could through some light on the subject and how to go about fixing it.
I myself had had no probs with my car but would like to know what you have to do incase it does.
With thanks
Chris.

Dod
16-09-08, 11:44 AM
Isnt it a case of taking a live feed from the fuse box straight to the coil as the 1000cc doesnt have enough current to keep the car turning over at idle?

Andy
16-09-08, 11:49 AM
I heard there is a resistive wire somewhere.I put a 1300 engine in my 1l and it ran lovely.But i found it misfired at 4-5000rpm so dont know whether that was due to the carb (2e3) or this said wire.Still dont know as the car is now in pieces

Stuart
16-09-08, 01:00 PM
the wire that goes from the IGN barrel/switched live in the fusebox to the Coil/ign module on the wing is the resistive wire. either use an alternative sw live feed, or replace the wire.

a give away is the end of that wire going to about 6V when cranking/low engine speed as this is to try and prevent the coil from overheating with dwel time etc

Andy
16-09-08, 01:08 PM
Would that make mine misfire then stuart at high revs?

craig green
16-09-08, 01:36 PM
when cranking/low engine speed as this is to try and prevent the coil from overheating with dwel time etc

From Stuarts description no.

Ernie
16-09-08, 01:44 PM
cheers to all.As said ive had no probs with it but wanted to know what to do just incase it does play up any when.
Thank you.

Adam
16-09-08, 03:12 PM
Would that make mine misfire then stuart at high revs?
The engine wont run.
You would just get an occasional fire when you stopped cranking

Andy
16-09-08, 03:26 PM
lol Have you not read the above? It RUNS fine but a misfire at 5000rpm