PDA

View Full Version : Oil Warning Linght and Oil Pressure Guage

chimp007_uk
12-09-08, 08:12 AM
Hi all,

Due to the ongoing problems with my Golf... And the dealer being an a**ehole... Its not getting anywhere and now the front bushes have fallen to pieces. So there's 30mm of play in the front wheels :eek: :mad:

Anyhow...

I'm going to be driving the Nova everyday once again till its resolved. Currently, I don't have a oil warning light or and oil pressure guage wired in. I'm not known for my electrical skillzzzzzzzz... So i was wondering if anyone could help?

I have Astra GTE digital dials, and a c20xe engine. I know this is pretty vague, but its running the xe loom. Wire colours and locations would be great, as ideally i need to get it done tomorrow as i move into a new place on sunday so have to get to leamington early!

Thanks guys, any help appreciated!

Chris

chimp007_uk
13-09-08, 11:56 AM
Anyone? pretty pretty please :)

Clean 2.0 nova
13-09-08, 10:12 PM
You may have 1 or 2 terminals on the pressure sensor, the pressure switch terminal on the pressure sensor is the bare - unprotected terminal. A wire from this (blue+green) goes straight to the digi dash using the same colour on the plug (sorry don't know pin number). If you have the 2 pin type pressure sensor then there is an additional blue+yellow wire on a waterproof type connector which connects similarly to the digi-dash to indicate actual pressure on an analogue scale.