PDA

View Full Version : head unit problem

davehaynes
30-08-08, 04:59 PM
was upgrading my amp wiring to 8gauge today and now my head unit doesn't work :mad:
it will take in CD's and eject them so it must be getting power, but it won't do anything else. i haven't touched the original head unit loom, just upgraded my amp wiring. but i did cut out the relay by the passenger rear lights (i thinks its the rear wiper relay) would this stop the head unit working :confused:
thanks for ANY help lol its making me mad.

brainsnova
30-08-08, 05:32 PM
have you checked the fuses and if there is a live all the time and switched live at the stereo. also maybe reset the stereo

davehaynes
31-08-08, 02:21 AM
all fuses are fine. also my interior light doesn't work.
there's nothing wrong with the head unit as i tried another one and it did exactly the same. which made me think that cutting out the rear wiper relay may have done something???

Asa-James
31-08-08, 08:46 AM
interior light, stereo, and iirc hazard lights all work off the same fuse. maybe in a hatch the rear wiper relay is also wired in on the circuit? i dont know, check through the owners manual and see what fuse powers what,

PE4
05-09-08, 12:00 AM
Was your headunit wired up so that you could have it on without the keys in the ignition?

I did this, had a cont 12v for power that was seperate from the stereo loom, but when the hazard switch fuse broke I had no operation other than cd ejection. Don't know why - it doesn't make sense, cos it was earthed through the loom, but it still happened!?