PDA

View Full Version : Electric Windows Into A Nova

nova 2L 16V
25-08-08, 07:16 PM
I have a 1.0 mk2 nova which had no electric windows,i have a set of runners and motors,was just wondering if anybody knows if there is the part of the car loom for electric windows tuckd away in the car.i know that vauxhall did do this for some parts of the loom.plz any help or advice would be handy

Mike
25-08-08, 07:26 PM
Nope, the elec windows & central locking system have a loom of there own im afraid chap.

brainsnova
25-08-08, 07:38 PM
the electric window loom is easy to make up both connectors on the motors go to the switch, theres a earth at the switch and a feed from the fusebox to the switch :thumb:

polred28
25-08-08, 09:24 PM
If you need a harness, i have one in my sri i am breaking,Paul.

Mazz
26-08-08, 10:08 AM
Just get a complete GM kit, its far easier, everything is plug and play then, you need to pop-rivet the mechanism's in the doors..

gtachorley
26-08-08, 02:23 PM
I just fitted the electric windows to my MK2 1.0 the loom I got was chopped to pieces so didnt bother with it, just wire the switches to live and an earth and the connect to motors.
Oh yeah and if its a 1.0 you need to drill holes in car and in door to feed wiring through.

brainsnova
26-08-08, 02:28 PM
i had to drill the doors and car on a 1.2 spin

Jack
26-08-08, 05:16 PM
If your nova is a poverty spec (i.e. no central locking or electric windows) then you'll need to drill the doors and fit ducting for the wires.

NOVATAKER
01-09-08, 01:58 PM
I have some switch and centre console.. let me know if u want.

-Luke-
31-01-09, 08:02 PM
Hi i am in the prcess of fitting the electric windows. I would like to know how the gsi are realy properly made so they can be as close as a gsi one thanks.

NovaBoi92
31-01-09, 08:07 PM
i fitted mine into a 1.2 pov spec last monday. fairly easy to do and yeah you need the separate loom, the c/l and e/w loom are all one piece. but yes you have to take off the doors and drill holes for the wires to go through, and its best to get some sort of rubber gator for the wiring. i got mine from an old rover metro lol

-Luke-
31-01-09, 08:14 PM
Ic But do you need to caut the wiring in half? or gust drill big holes?

AlexW
31-01-09, 08:15 PM
Hi i am in the prcess of fitting the electric windows. I would like to know how the gsi are realy properly made so they can be as close as a gsi one thanks.

If you have the standard loom and motors then thats it. Drill holes in the body and door. (If your nova is a mk2 the holes in the door are visable in the inside, just need to line it up from outside)

It should also have a black box which is screwed the passenger side undertray.

NovaBoi92
31-01-09, 08:17 PM
Ic But do you need to caut the wiring in half? or gust drill big holes?

i drilled holes about 25/30mm. plenty big enough

-Luke-
31-01-09, 08:22 PM
mine is a mk2 but does not have holes drilled. I had made central lock a few months before and who made them made a small holes for the wire. Tommorow i will get a picture what i have exactly.

-Luke-
01-02-09, 01:19 PM
Hi this is what i have at the moment.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e77/novaluke/DSCN5121.jpg?t=1233490803http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e77/novaluke/DSCN5122.jpg?t=1233490750

Basicaly someone had done this to install the central lock for the alarm. now i am going to fit the eletrick windows. Which is the the best way to install them?

NovaBoi92
01-02-09, 02:32 PM
well that hole is no way big enough unless you cut the e/w loom and rewire it together, thats probably the easiest. but i dont know if the wire on its own will go through. if not, you will have to take off the doors and drill about a 2.5 / 3 mil hole

Spudly
01-02-09, 02:34 PM
If i were you id pull the wires back through and enlarge the holes otherwise youre either not going to get all of the wires through or youre going to find the sharp edges where its been drilled will slice through the wires and short things out after the doors have been opened/closed a few times.

Or enlarge the holes and once all run in get some silicone sealer and blob it into the holes to encase the wires and hold them in position to prevent them moving/chafing on the sharp edges, this will also seal the hole from water ingress aswell!

Btw black box passenger side undertray is nothing to do with c/l or e/w its something to do with the dipped beam headlamps on a mk1 only!

brainsnova
01-02-09, 02:38 PM
mine is a mk2 but does not have holes drilled. I had made central lock a few months before and who made them made a small holes for the wire. Tommorow i will get a picture what i have exactly.

the holes are centre punched and they are on the other face from the door contact.