PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Display?

AlexW
22-08-08, 01:22 PM
Thought about putting the above in my nova. I understand that they do temp (so i presume i would need a sensor), Date and time, and radio info.

So my questions are:
1. What would i need for it all to work?
2. Would it be a simple case of permanite live for the clock/date?
3. Where are the temp sensors on corsa's?

Thanks

Dod
22-08-08, 01:27 PM
You mean the display that looks like a tiny Bonnet vent in the middle of the dash? If so
1. a Mounting position and whatever wiring you can get
2. Probably, but If you want your Radio's details in it as well you'll need a specific Radio
3. If they're like the Cavaliers, on the Front bumper on the Passenger side. 2 pin plug and a unit thats plastic rivoted to the bumper.

hendrix
22-08-08, 02:48 PM
The display you will get in the nova is permanently Time, Date and Temp. You can find all the wires you need from the existing clock I believe and the one used to dim the display when the headlights are switched on can be found lurking somewhere around in there too.
3. As Dod says, think the cabling is blue and blue/white.

iirc
Red - perm. live
Blue - outside temp sender
Brown - earth
Blue/White - outside temp sender
Black - ignition live
Grey/Green - headlight switch
Grey/Black - dimmer switch

are the ones needed. Can't remember which one of the two you connect to dim for the headlights. Think that if you don't connect them then the display will stay bright permanently but can't really remember.

Take a length of loom from the corsa you take it out of too!

AlexW
22-08-08, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, i understand about the radio, i think i have one lieing about too. I will problery try and get one later today, been trying to get some nova bits without luck too.

AlexW
22-08-08, 04:51 PM
Got the bits, cost me a fiver, so happy with that.

Think i got the temp sensor, was cliped to the front panel, has blue and blue/white on it so. Display has all that youve said, im presuming the other 5 are for the radio.

AlexW
22-08-08, 05:54 PM
Thought i would bump this again. I just thought i would try it on my little 12v battery. Connected up the Ign live and permaniante live to postive and earth to earth lol but i get nothing? Dud display?

jimbob-mcgrew
22-08-08, 09:51 PM
alex u damn chav lol