PDA

View Full Version : indicator problems

spiceypud
11-08-08, 09:48 PM
when i indicate all the indicators come on.. at 1st thought it was because i did not have the driver indicator pluged in but i tried 1 off a different car and it still flashes all indicators.

Usual problem ???

belly257
11-08-08, 09:49 PM
hazard switch damaged? faulty?

spiceypud
11-08-08, 09:55 PM
only prob i have with that is it has to be constantly held in.. just wedged a fuse next to it to hold it in

i tried a freinds and this was same had to wedge it in and when i removed the fuse the hazards came on.. guess tht is a clip prob etc

Jack
11-08-08, 11:46 PM
Is it a Mk2? The hazard switch on them is a common break.

Might be worth checking the relay too.

spiceypud
11-08-08, 11:54 PM
its a mk2 yes

will try relay and maybe another hazard switch

brainsnova
12-08-08, 12:29 AM
open the switch and remove the spring then its a simple pull and push :thumb:

Mikey_J
12-08-08, 08:23 PM
sounds like relay to me

loggyboy
13-08-08, 11:36 AM
Sounds hazard related to me :P

I you dont have a replace ment take it apart and check the metal contacts are not damaged. No need to remove the springs unless the latching mechanism is broken.

Leeboo
16-08-08, 09:26 PM
Just thought I'd bring this thread bttt -

I've been experiencing similar problems with my Nova... The indicators don't work properly when the headlights/dipped beam/sidelights are on. The indicators work fine when the there are no other lights on.

When I try to use the indicators with the sidelights on, it flashes both the blue headlight dash light and the green indicator dash light alternatively.

When i try to switch on my headlights, they don't work, just the indicators come on solid, no flashing.

Is this the relay? Also, where is the relay? Becuase I might try one from my mates Nova.

Sorry for the hijack mate but maybe this will help you too.

Leeboo
16-08-08, 10:34 PM
Oh I just remembered to check the haynes manual, the relay is at the fuse box, I will try that!!!

1.6 8v turbo nova
16-08-08, 11:21 PM
If the hazard button isn't in, none of the lights work lol. And also did you know if you turn the hazard switch upside down, it turns the ignition on? immobilizer/alarm and it still does it ROFL.

spiceypud
17-08-08, 12:52 AM
im still strugling

tried another hazard switch and still flashing both sides..

Mikey_J
17-08-08, 02:56 PM
Still say its going to be the relay lol

loggyboy
18-08-08, 03:26 PM
Just thought I'd bring this thread bttt -

I've been experiencing similar problems with my Nova... The indicators don't work properly when the headlights/dipped beam/sidelights are on. The indicators work fine when the there are no other lights on.

When I try to use the indicators with the sidelights on, it flashes both the blue headlight dash light and the green indicator dash light alternatively.

When i try to switch on my headlights, they don't work, just the indicators come on solid, no flashing.

Is this the relay? Also, where is the relay? Becuase I might try one from my mates Nova.

Sorry for the hijack mate but maybe this will help you too.

Sounds like a bad earth

Spudly
18-08-08, 05:09 PM
im still strugling

tried another hazard switch and still flashing both sides..

Try checking all the earths bud sounds like youve got a rotten earth point somewhere to me, check every earth on the car you can find, i think idicators earth somewhere in the footwells but not been around a nova in a while so not too sure lol