PDA

View Full Version : XE wiring...again

hendrix
03-08-08, 04:01 PM
Finally solved the problem of it not turning over properly to being a loose earth for the immob so now that side of things is sorted.
I've wired the xe loom up exactly as Pauls guide running the wires into the multi plug on a gsi loom at the bulk head.
Problems are:
No fuel pump priming so no fuel
No spark either
lol
When the loom came from the donor vehicle some wires had been cut near the multi plug for the ecu presumably for an alarm so these were rejoined before fitting to the engine.
Is there anywhere that I can put a multi meter on to try and locate what the problem is or should I just put another loom on it?
:thumb:

Adam
03-08-08, 07:33 PM
Check the crank sensor plug is all good.
As that will stop fuel and spark.
Does the ecu light come on with ign?

hendrix
04-08-08, 10:57 AM
No it doesn't which makes me think the loom is dead.
I've wired the red wire in black sheaf directly to the battery and wired the switched live source to the black wire on the GSi 6 wire loom plug.
Infact thats where all my wires are currently wired to.
I'm left with a red wire on the multiplug

Paul
04-08-08, 11:10 AM
try putting the switched live straight to the battery, that will eliminate a problm with the ignition side of it.

Can you feel the fule pump relay click when you turn ignition on?

hendrix
04-08-08, 11:34 AM
I'll try wiring that direct to the battery tonight, cheers Paul.
No cant feel it clicking.
When I had the immob problem you could hear a click when you turned the ignition on but now theres nothing :confused:
I thought it would sound like the missus cally tbh, that clicks a couple of times when you turn the key.
Was tempted just to wire the fuel pump and Ignition to permanent live (fuel pump via a switch) and see if it will start.
Does not having the AFM connected to the SFI make a difference?
Also noticed that the crank sensor wire seems to have some of the wiring exposed (plastic sheafing worn away) so thats probably not helping. Can I swap this for a dispack crank sensor?
Thanks

Paul
04-08-08, 09:50 PM
any luck?

hendrix
05-08-08, 08:20 AM
nope :roll:
Got a few more things to try tonight then I'll wire up the astra GTE loom I have instead I think....
I really don't have a clue what is wrong with the bloody thing :mad:

hendrix
09-08-08, 07:21 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D
IT RUNS!!!!!!
Turns out the ecu was duff, one if the earths wasn't earthing for some reason and I had forgotten to connect the earth at the back of the car in between both rear lights..oh and hadn't wired the ecu light up properly. Damnit being colour blind!!
Finally some luck though, although its fecking noisy with no exhaust manifold :roll:lol

hendrix
09-08-08, 07:25 PM
Oh and btw thanks to Lee H (the mind of nova knowledge!) for putting up with my constant phone calls... I owe ya one!

white2lSR
10-08-08, 10:03 AM
congrats, it a nice feeling after all your hard work when you finally turn it over and it fires up!

hendrix
10-08-08, 11:47 AM
amen to that!