PDA

View Full Version : Do any XE looms have the car loom plug INSIDE the footwell

Adam
02-08-08, 07:31 PM
As above.
The loom i have seems to have the ecu loom to car loom plug in the engine bay, like a nova gsi/gte.
Do any have the plugs inside the car footwell, with the main ecu plug?

As that would make it much easier for me, as i can just make it plug and play, instead of running wires all around the engine bay into the car.

Its a 92/93 DIZZY engine

Lee H
02-08-08, 07:39 PM
Sounds like you have an Astra GTE loom for some reason as that has a plug like the Nova GSi and the fuel pump relay near the amplifier plug. All the other looms have the plugs in the footwell from what i've seen.

John
02-08-08, 07:42 PM
Would it not be easier to mod it ad? i have a late dis loom and mine is inside the car. I had to move the bulkhead bung down the loom a bit, to make it "comfy".

Adam
02-08-08, 07:53 PM
Aye, i think its a GTE loom Lee.
Must have been swapped at sometime, as it looks like a non-lambda loom as i cant find a lambda plug.
The ecu code is "GY"
The ignition live is black/yellow too(which is a Astra GTE loom "thing")

John, could do but i think i'll just get one with the plugs in the footwell TBH
Neater imo

Philsutton
02-08-08, 07:58 PM
GTE looms are gay, everything important is right near the coil.

You can use a different loom, but you will need a different ecu an possibly a Lambda as well.

Lee H
02-08-08, 07:59 PM
Only thing you'll have to watch is most other looms have lambda and fuel tank vent valve connections and may show an ECU light if you don't have the sensors to plug in?

Adam
02-08-08, 08:09 PM
I'll fit a lambda and tank vent valve too then :D

Or may find everything needed for a dispak conversion...

Lee H
02-08-08, 08:11 PM
Looked at that for a mate, worked out it would be cheaper to sell the dizzy engine and find a dispack one as you need so much stuff.

Adam
02-08-08, 08:12 PM
Lol

Dizzy ecu and loom it is then.

mikey14sr
03-08-08, 09:57 AM
http://www.justopelvauxhall.com/showthread.php?t=6386

http://www.justopelvauxhall.com/showthread.php?t=6383

you know it makes sense mate!