PDA

View Full Version : stripped out dash wiring..help!!

rysmee
15-07-08, 10:54 PM
hey.. i think i've made a fatal error when taking my dash out and cutting the heater control wiring etc... i have kept the hazard switch and headlamp switch an wired in my own rear fog switch but everything else has gone.
Now however, when you turn on dip beam all the indicators come on! (constant not flashing) The sides work and so does the fog but no dip or main beam!
Has anyone any come accross this before?? Looking in the haynes its not easy to trace the wires but i suspect i've chopped something that may have needed to stay..whoops.

jimbob-mcgrew
15-07-08, 11:09 PM
u still got the heater control switch ? could try block connectoring/soldering the wires back to where they were as a temp fix till u can sort it out. i think i remember someone saying in another thread about that, that the ignition runs thru there.. i may be wrong tho.

Jack
16-07-08, 08:44 AM
Chopping off the heater control switch shouldn't affect the indicators etc, unless something has gone really wrong with the wiring lol

Sounds like one of the headlamp wires has been chopped onto an indicator output wire on the hazard switch loom. Is this a Mk1 or Mk2 (and have you kept all the original switches)?

If you have a look in the Articles section at my dash swap guide, I put up some diagrams of the wiring loom for all the switches. That should help you identify each wire :thumb: