PDA

View Full Version : central locking system identification. HELP PLEASE

FUSION X16XE
07-07-08, 08:07 PM
Righty hoe, ive just bought a HORNET 745T 2-way alarm system for the B and i have successfully wired in the main part of the alarm i.e. lights, siren, door switches and sensors but now i have to wire in the door lock harness that will control the door actuators and central locking system, now my car already has central locking, 97 Corsa Sport B, I need to know what type of door lock wiring i have? There is about 8 choices lol :

(1) Three-wire (+) pulse controlling factory lock relays.
(2) Three-wire (-) pulse controlling factory lock relays.
(3) Direct-wired reversing-polarity switches.
(4) Adding one or more after market actuators. (doubt it to be this)
(5) Electrically-activated vacuum systems.
(6) One-wire systems - Cut to lock, Ground to unlock.
(7) positive (+) multiplex
(8) Negative (-) multiplex

Now that is pretty confusing to say the least so who ever can point me in the right direction will have earned them selves a burger and beer at PVS09.

Please people don't guess http://corsasport.co.uk/board/images/smile/thumbs.gif

Clean 2.0 nova
07-07-08, 10:05 PM
Direct wired (3) sounds right, In this case i'm guessing you utilise all of the possible 6 wires from the alarm. 2 are connected to chassis, two to permanent 12V and the remaining two wires to the actuators directly (no vauxhall C.L unit required). Make sure you have the same actuators fitted in all doors.

Thier terminlogy of wiring types will always be different to someone elses so can't comment for specific alarm.

Iain

P.S. Don't get the burger on the heat just yet will you.

FUSION X16XE
08-07-08, 03:55 PM
Wicked cheers pal this is what ive been told off a lad of CorsaSport? :confused:

it is negative locking. so basically it needs an earth to the locking wires to make it lock/unlock.

there are two wires behind the passenger kick panel one to lock and one to unlock.

do you have a wiring diagram for the alarm? how many wires does it have for the central locking

Burgers already cooked mate its getting cold mind! lol

gary_1.2Merit
08-07-08, 07:20 PM
think you need the lock and unlock signal from your alarm module to go to the lock and unlock at either the drivers door solenoid or the control module. I cant remember what colour these are though.

FUSION X16XE
08-07-08, 07:45 PM
I have haines and i am now a pro wirer lol so im just seeing what people think and then ill attack it on the weekend i hope when the rest arrives. keep posting your ideas people.

Clean 2.0 nova
08-07-08, 09:11 PM
The reply by adamf is a possibility but (though his answer is short / clipped) it sounds like he means to use the vauxhall C.L unit to do the powering of the actuators. Basically the input to the Vauxhall C.L. unit is via 2 wires. One wire connected to ground makes the solenoids open, the other wire used similarly makes them close. I'm guessing you will utilise four of your alarms six wires to do this method, two connected to ground, and the other two are the inputs to the central locking.

It is another way of achieving the end result but it does mean the system is more complicated if your alarm is able to the direct controlling of the solenoids.

slim23
18-07-08, 12:07 PM
hi mate the wires u need are in be hind the kick panel on drivers side i wired mine two two wires i think one was green and purpel and the other green and gray then u have to run an earth

FUSION X16XE
20-07-08, 06:19 PM
cheers buds burgers for all.