PDA

View Full Version : Gotech management

c20 grant
02-07-08, 02:37 PM
Is any one running gotech MFI pro x management? if so what is it like? Looking to buy this but just thought i would ask around first to see what its like and what results poeple were getting?

Stuart
02-07-08, 03:22 PM
its only as good as the person mapping it....

The gotec is as good an ecu as the others, but if your mapper isnt very good then your results wont be good, you will blame the ECU (everyone does lol) and you will spend a laod to get another that the same mapper than does his same crap magic on and you are no better off.

Adam
02-07-08, 03:57 PM
If mapped well its awesome.
I have to say i had a look at the mapping software, and didn't think much to it. Seemed very basic and kind of msDos based...
Unless it was an old version or something.

Of course thats no problem if your not mapping it yourself.

c20 grant
02-07-08, 04:08 PM
no it will be a mechanic from calder racing developments (CRD) who will be mapping it as he was the 1 who mapped their 1200bhp supra so av got sum faith in him.

Stuart
02-07-08, 04:09 PM
I have to say i had a look at the mapping software, and didn't think much to it. Seemed very basic and kind of msDos based...

Ad, look at autronics software then lol.... IMHO its farking horrible to use but one of the UK's finest mappers (calibrator) uses it really really well.

Adam
02-07-08, 04:18 PM
Aye, if you know the software then im sure you can easily use it.
But a quick glance at the gotech software put me right off tbh.

Looked a bit like a program off an old Amstrad windows 3.1 pc

c20 grant
02-07-08, 04:24 PM
what would be the best management to look for? Im currently going to run my C20 XE with sbd 208's, sbd cams and 50bhp jets of nitrous.

Adam
02-07-08, 04:56 PM
See Stuarts 1st post on this thread....
There is no "best" as such.

burgo
02-07-08, 06:18 PM
if you do go for gotech you wont go far wrong speaking to jamsport

Stuart
02-07-08, 08:23 PM
no it will be a mechanic from calder racing developments (CRD) who will be mapping it as he was the 1 who mapped their 1200bhp supra so av got sum faith in him.

ive seen/heard some of the highly modded jap cars about and suffice to say the people who mapped them are idiots who can only get big power and toss all drivability from them... I'd sooner lose 10% power in favour of being able to drive the sodding thing on part throttle

broster
03-07-08, 07:21 AM

the old series of ecu's the pro and mfi std, use the older software, although its basic to look at it is very easy to use and when you get used to it you can map a car very easily with it.

the X range (mini x and pro x) use a new style of software, you can download it off the jam-sport.co.uk site, have a look around, much better, but its alot newer! it has a basic main view, but if you feel you want to it can get alot more detailed

meritlover
03-07-08, 11:27 AM
ive seen/heard some of the highly modded jap cars about and suffice to say the people who mapped them are idiots who can only get big power and toss all drivability from them... I'd sooner lose 10% power in favour of being able to drive the sodding thing on part throttle

:thumb:

any monkey can set the max speed/load RPMS with a fixed ign and fuel to give big power. just play with the boost and adjust the fueling to suit, and back off the timing if it dets...itl be alright to get a print out for the punter....:roll:

the trick is getting drivability with minimum sacraficial max power and fuel consumption.....which is bloody hard to do ;)

crackaway-jack
02-09-08, 05:28 PM
Can anyone do a chip for me by any chance?
just looking for a few extra revs!